Dish Equipment for my RV

Ellis J

Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
Florida
I would like to purchase the VIP722 receiver and the Winegard TV SK-1000 Trav'ler antenna to install in our motorhome. We have cable at our home so I would not be using the receiver anywhere but the motorhome. The two plans that I have read about that are attractive to me are the RV-pay-as-you-go and the Flex plan. I would prefer to use the RV-pay-as-you-go plan as there are no monthly charges when not in use. There are many articles on different forums that I have read regarding the equipment you have to use. Several articles stated that if you want the RV-pay-as-you-go plan you can only use the VIP211 receiver. That may be due to the type of antenna that comes with the VIP211 package for RV's. The Winegard TV SK-1000 Trav'ler antenna is capable of attaining all of the satellites so it seems like the VIP722 with this antenna would be a good match. I read one account where Dish would not activate a VIP722 on the RV-pay-as-you-go plan.

The Flex plan would allow me to use the equipment that I want to use without any problem. The difference is that with the RV-pay-as-you-go plan I'm told that you can pay for one 30 days and turn it off after only a few days and the balance of your 30 days could be used the next time until your 30 days are used up and then you would pay for another 30 days. That is a good deal. The Flex plan, as I have been told, will not do this. If you pay for 30 days and only use it for only a few days you lose the rest of the 30 days. In addition you pay a monthly charge of $5.00 when your account is inactive.

If anyone could advise me on these plans and equipment it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ellis J

If you're buying the receiver outright, and going with a Winegard, the best thing is to ask what they call the Activation Plan. No contract, no SSN, no credit check, stop and start at any time and only pay for what you use. It's for when you have the equipment and don't need any install, perfect if you're going to a retail place for an RV.

One thing about the Flex (purchased) plan: you can't put it on Dish Pause. (That goes for all pay in advance accounts, Flex and Flex24) And there's a $149 activation fee plus you have to pay the full price of the receiver. With the activation plan, no activation fee. The Flex plan is more for people who want no contract/credit check service in their home, where Dish has to do a full install.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)