Dish equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

determined

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Ohio
I have recently come by a dish LNBF and the receiver. It is a model DP 301. It was given to me. The question is: Can I use any of this for FTA DVB? I currently have a BUD and it works great on both C and Ku bands. I have no interest in trying to hack Dish TV but no small dish experience. I was wondering if it could be used in any way.

nope

you can hook up a pizza dish and get a few channels. Any previously authorized receiver can get the following
Dish 101
NASA
Angel One

but everything else would need a subscription

OK, Thanks. I think I'll start digging into the subject of the FTA stuff I still don't get. May give the Dish equipment back or to someone else.

you can get 119 the music channels arent encrpted near 40 music channels you can get for free useing the small pizza dish.

clower said:
you can get 119 the music channels arent encrpted near 40 music channels you can get for free useing the small pizza dish.
That will only work with a FTA receiver though. The Dish receiver is useless for FTA, unfortunately. There are so many of them around...

Also, depending on what type of Dish LNBF you have on the 20" dish, it might not work well with a FTA receiver. The best LNBF assembly to use to get the In The Clear channels on a 20" dish is the old LNBFs that are two separate LNBFs, not the newer "twins" in one single housing. The Legacy twins won't work on FTA receivers at all, and the DP's have stacked transponder frequencies which requires you to edit your entire TP list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)