DISH experts, please help :-)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DSSKaren

Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Hi guys,

I'm new to this, so please don't get mad at my questions, ok?

I've had DirecTV for several years now, and I don't know much about DISH. My friend told me this can be done, so I figure it's better to ask the experts if it can really be done.

She says that I need the following equipment:

1) 2-LNB dish for DISH NETWORK
2) a receiver

and then, hook up that receiver via serial port to a PC. Program that receiver to get DISH channels, and then, that's it. It's finished.

Then, you can see all the DISH channels. Is this true?

Also, how often does this method go down, and when it does, how do you fix the signal to make it work again? Can you get local channels with this method? How long has this method been working? thanks.

DSSKaren said:
Hi guys,

I'm new to this, so please don't get mad at my questions, ok?

I've had DirecTV for several years now, and I don't know much about DISH. My friend told me this can be done, so I figure it's better to ask the experts if it can really be done.

She says that I need the following equipment:

1) 2-LNB dish for DISH NETWORK
2) a receiver

and then, hook up that receiver via serial port to a PC. Program that receiver to get DISH channels, and then, that's it. It's finished.

Then, you can see all the DISH channels. Is this true?

Also, how often does this method go down, and when it does, how do you fix the signal to make it work again? Can you get local channels with this method? How long has this method been working? thanks.
This was so good I felt I had to quote it, forever preserving your intention and username for the moderators. Then all they have to do is see what IP address was used when you signed on, and give it to Dish Network's people. They (and pretty much anyone) can look up who your ISP is, who in turn knows who you are. Your days of freedom could be numbered.

I like the "Karen" username and the "my friend ... she says" stuff. Just a couple of suburban soccer moms, interested in stealing pay television service?

Ahh thanks, Karens information including email and IP info has been forwarded to the Dish Network Security Department. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)