Dish fell over

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
My dish broke at the base due to rust and fell over. It was really windy here today. I got a new pole and put it in not knowing the diameter was too big. Ugh. Now I have to find an adapter.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

hmm i'm seeing rust at the bottom of the dish mount, probably nothing since it's been up there for 4 years.
At least I hope is nothing.

It had only been up for 3 years. I have never had that happen before.

Sounds like it had an open top but plugged bottom causing water to get trapped.

Ramy, you need a 1 7/8" to 2" OD ...

It sounds like its too late and you already installed it ... did you get a Fence post ?
I think they run 2 3/8th or there abouts.

That said, there are a variety of fence post sizes available ... I went in and asked about a post the size I needed and they supplied it.

I don't see a picture posted. Was this a pole mount or regular Directv mast? You can use a muffler pipe in a 2" size.

Never thought of asking a muffler shop for 2" pipe. That is a hard size to find. I seen pole adapters on ebay for 2" slimline for $15-20.

Don't use the adapters. You will be using a base that isn't strong enough to properly support a Slimline.

There are more than one type of adapter. One would go over a different sized pole (perhaps a larger easier to find pole) while another would go on other porch railings. The one I was referring to was the pole adapter.

If you are using an adapter to change a 1 5/8" mast to a 2" one, you will be using a base that's too small.

$17.99 for $4 worth of parts! Such a deal!! How are you going to slip that over a pipe whose od is at least 1/4" larger? You may never get it plumb. In the words of Mike Holmes, do it right, do it the first time. Get the proper mast and avoid the very likely problems you will encounter.

I agree that a pole is better than a pole adapter but the pole size is very hard to find in many areas so that would be some people's only solution. Someone may have to get a larger pole for this solution then put the adapter on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)