Dish for 61.5

phins

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
Which dish's can you use to get the 61.5, and is there a site that gives the coordinates per zip codes Thanks

A Dish 300 would do it nicely. Isn't there a place on the Installation Menu that will give you coordinates by zipcode for each satellite?

Here's the installation instructions from the Tech Portal.
Code:
   1.  Install the DISH 500 using the D500 Initial Installation steps.

2. Install the DISH 300.

3. Verify the dish is mounted to a solid surface.

4. Verify the mounting mast is plumb (straight up and down).
      Why?

It is very important to use a bubble level or plumb line to make sure that the top edge of the mounting foot is level, and that the top part of the mast is vertical. If the mast is not absolutely vertical, the elevation angle that the receiver provides will be inaccurate. This will make it difficult or impossible to aim the dish for the strongest signal. 
   5. Verify there is a clear line of sight to the Southern sky.

6. Verify the cable from the dish is plugged into "Satellite In" on the receiver or the DISH Pro Legacy Adapter for Legacy receivers.

7. Verify there is one, uninterrupted piece of RG-6 cable from the dish to the receiver.

8. The receiver should go to the "Point Dish/Signal" at power up. If not, open the Main Menu, select System Setup, then Installation, then Point Dish/Signal.

9. Perform a Switch test by selecting Check Switch then Check.
      Why?

The DISH Pro receiver needs to know that it is connected to a DISH Pro LNBF or Switch. Under normal conditions, the installation summary will display the word "Conn" in the Satellite line. In the Device line, it should display the word "Sngl". This indicates that the receiver has confirmed the connection with your DISH Pro LNBF and it is working. The Transponder line may show an "X." This is okay for now because the dish still needs to be aimed. 
  10. Select OK to return to the Point Dish/Signal screen. Make sure the check mark is next to the required satellite location. If not, move the highlight and press Select.

11. Verify the correct azimuth and elevation angles are set.

12. Aim the dish for a locked signal (70pts or better) at the desired satellite location using the home transponder.
      Why?

Each EchoStar satellite orbits the Earth over the equator at 22,300 miles above the surface. This geosynchronous orbit enables the satellite to stay aligned over one place on the Earth as it turns. For this reason, it is easy to receive a continuous satellite signal. Once the dish antenna is aimed at the satellite using the supplied azimuth, elevation and skew angles, it does not need to be moved again. The skew angle adjustments compensate for slight variances in angle between two satellites due to the Earth's curvature.

How To?

Turn the dish back and forth 1/4 inch at a time, until the signal strength bar turns green. If the signal can not be found, turn the dish back to the first azimuth angle. Then, loosen both elevation bolts just enough so it can tilt. Tilt the dish up by two degrees, and then tighten both bolts. Now, turn the dish back and forth again. If the signal still can't be found, tilt the dish up again very slightly and turn the dish back and forth. 
      NOTE: Do not stand in front of the dish while aiming; this will block the satellite signal. After adjusting the aim, let go of the dish so that it can settle back in place by itself.

13. Connect the DISH Pro Multi-dish switch using the installation instructions that came with the switch.

14. Perform a second Switch test by selecting Check Switch then Check.
      Why?

Signal from all desired satellite locations should be available, this is indicated by "All" in the Transponder line, and the message "Satellite reception verified". 
  15. Select Cancel to exit the Installation Summary menu.

16. Select Cancel to exit the Point Dish/Signal menu. An Attention screen will open asking the mounting and positioning of your dish is complete with a "Locked" indication in the Point Dish/Signals screen. Select Yes.

NOTE: When exiting the Point Dish screen and a check switch test has not been completed, receivers that have the Auto Checkswitch option will display Attention 833 to run the Auto Checkswitch.

17. After selecting yes, the receiver will begin taking the software download. A warning will display saying "Vital program information will now be downloaded into your receiver, Do Not Distrurb or Unplug it". A status bar is also shown for the progress of the upgrade. This upgrade could take up to 60 minutes and the receiver should not be disturbed.

18. Once the software upgrade is complete, a message that the receiver's memory is being upgraded will be displayed. While this message is displaying, the green power light on the receiver's front panel will blink. Do not disturb the receiver while the green light is blinking.

NOTE: While the receiver's memory is being upgraded the warning message may disappear, the screen may go blank for a few minutes, and the green light may continue to blink. This is normal and does not indicate a problem with the receiver.

19. Once the receiver has finished downloading software, go to the System Information screen to gather the receiver and Smart Card numbers for activation.

Friday January 12 2007     © 2007 EchoStar Satellite L.L.C. All rights reserved.

You can use a 500 or a 300 with a Dual Dp or Legacy lnb. What receiver? You can go into Menu, 6, 1, 1 and select 300 and enter your zipcode and it will give you the angles.

Looks like i need to get the 129 (61.5 looks like a los problem) I have and old dish 300. will a dp lnb fit on the arm or do iI need and adapter . Can I use the old lnb single runinng into the dp34 thanks

Looks like i need to get the 129 (61.5 looks like a los problem) I have and old dish 300. will a dp lnb fit on the arm or do iI need and adapter . Can I use the old lnb single runinng into the dp34 thanks
Depends on whether or not the old LNB is legacy:
HTML:
# Other than the receivers, no mixing of DishPro and legacy equipment is allowed.

* Legacy LNBFs must be connected to legacy switches (models SW##)
    * DishPro LNBFs must be connected to DishPro switches (models DP##)
Here's a link with some good guidelines about upgrading your installation to see 61.5 or 129: http://ekb.dbstalk.com/Adding 61-5 dish.htm

ok I have a dish 500 with a dp lnb. Which side would i connect to use this for the 129, the 110 feed or the 119 feed. also when I go to point dish menu on my 622 and select 300 or 500 it says azimuth Elevation skew N/A. please select 110 or 119. When I go to the site recomended in the above post,their doesn't seem to be an opition for using the 500 for the 129

Thanks just need to know how to find the azmuth and elevation for the 129 using a dish 500

Thanks just need to know how to find the azmuth and elevation for the 129 using a dish 500
I would think that the azimuth and elevation for a particular satellite, from a particular location, would be the same no matter what dish you use. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Here is what I have

Receiver 622
superdish for 110 119 121 disconnected at dp34 (dish is on roof don't want to take down)
dp34 with to coax lines going to receiver (everthing is working great)

I have a dish 500 with a dp twin that I want to use for the 129.Have it connected to the switch were I diconnected the 121 feed

Does it matter which side of the lnb to I use ?

How do I find the azmuth and elavation for my zip (49203)

on my dish pointing screen if you select 129 its says N/A reguardless of which dish you select.

Does the satellite have to have a signal before you do a switch test When i do it now i get x on the 3rd

When trying the suggestion from post 3 and select dish 300 azmuth and elevation N/A

If you use the above mentioned site and check single dish it gives you azmuth and elevation but also gives you lnb angle

For zipcode 49203 and 61.5:

Azimuth 153
Elevation 36

If you select 129 you do get N/A because the table is not updated but I do get the angles when I select 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)