dish guy at door

navy8ball

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 28, 2003
Henryetta,OK. 74437
just had a guy wearing a shirt that had the dish logo on the sleeve at my front door.he was telling me he could update all of my dish equipment and lower my bill by $50.00 a month.my current setup is 2 622's and 1 612 all hooked up to one tv and a monthly bill of $102.00.He said it all had to do with new promotions. I sent him on his way.

just had a guy wearing a shirt that had the dish logo on the sleeve at my front door.he was telling me he could update all of my dish equipment and lower my bill by $50.00 a month.my current setup is 2 622's and 1 612 all hooked up to one tv and a monthly bill of $102.00.He said it all had to do with new promotions. I sent him on his way.
I think I'd ask for his business card and take a picture of him and tell him I'm sure the police will have a few questions.

Then again, not. Felt good for a moment, though. I'm sure you took the right course.

But why would you have 3 DVRs hooked up to a single TV? :confused: Or did you mean one TV per receiver?

I have did several installs where people wanted 2 or 3 receivers hooked to one TV. I would then sell them a selector switch if TV didn't enough inputs. These are usually power users I would call them that want to record tons and tons and watch all on the same set. Most were single or just a couple living in the house.

Hope you enjoy spending that extra $50.00 every month!!! Heck, it's only $600 a year...who needs that???

I have did several installs where people wanted 2 or 3 receivers hooked to one TV. I would then sell them a selector switch if TV didn't enough inputs. These are usually power users I would call them that want to record tons and tons and watch all on the same set. Most were single or just a couple living in the house.

Reminds me of when I had a 721 and a 508 receiver connected together. I would hook up the 508 into the front a/v inputs of the 721 then press channel 0 on the 721 to access my 508 without having to change the input on the tv. Gave me more storage to record things. Now we have more storage on the hard drives plus external hard drives for all the storage we want. Even though HD takes up 6 times the space, we have come quite far.

If he was a Dish salesman knowingly trying to sell new service to an existing Dish customer, he definatly was doing something shady. Dish refers to this practice as "Flipping" and doing so is grounds for termination of his retailer status. No second chances no questions asked, out of the Dish Network business. Dish and Directv constantly remind retailers of the consequences of flipping customers and are diligent in identifying retailers who do so.

I think I'd ask for his business card and take a picture of him and tell him I'm sure the police will have a few questions.

Then again, not. Felt good for a moment, though. I'm sure you took the right course.

But why would you have 3 DVRs hooked up to a single TV? :confused: Or did you mean one TV per receiver?

I am single and have only one tv. I record most everything I watch and then I watch what I want when I want to.I love tv and watch a lot of it that is why it goes to one tv.

How do you know that? Maybe he had a way to make those promotions work. Since the OP didn't give him a chance to explain, he'll never know.

What's so suspicious, the guy's a salesman, he has to say something to get your attention.

There is no such way to drop a customer's bill in half like that. I see no way how that guy would know what the customer was paying already. He could easily save someone $50 if they were switching providers but I see no way possible to save an existing customer that much unless they lowered their programming.

My experience with door to door satellite sales is that they are very shady.

You know, people DO make a living selling door-to-door. Are you old coots too afraid of everything these days, or what?

Yea, just this week I turned away a vacuum sales guy, an encyclopedia peddler, a guy that wanted to re-roof my house, and a pair of nicely dressed waiters that wanted to save me and show me jesus.

I think the only real successful door-to-door agents are the Girl Scouts. But they don't come to my house, not enough market penetration in my hood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)