DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When I went from my owned 722 + 2 leased 612's to an H3 and 2 J3's, I didn't have to pay $100. One wonders why you did?
There's multiple reasons that one customer may have to pay and another not. But in my experience it's inconsistent. I always tell customers if they ask for up front payment to just tell them to cancel the whole account and say your switching to dtv. Don't actually cancel but just telling them that will normally get them to start waiving fees or get a transfer to someone who can.

That insurance does exist or at least there is coverage for something like it.
I don't know about DISH, but here at the company I work for we have Cyber Insurance. And boy what a pain the the butt it was to satisfy all their requirements to quality for the insurance. We were secure before getting insurance and now we are really really secure. You should see the number of Yubi Keys I need to carry with me in order to get anything done here at my office. :D

When I went from my owned 722 + 2 leased 612's to an H3 and 2 J3's, I didn't have to pay $100. One wonders why you did?
Because every rep is trained to charge a fee and the computer shows a fee for the upgrade. And, just like every CSR has a different story..... some are allowed to wave or change the fee, some are not

news about the hack-

news about the hack-

Why am I not surprised that they didn't have insurance to cover a cyber breach....

Well, they fired their entire network security team afterwards, per that article. That was a good move...
I believe the “security team” was just McAfee. In the early days of the hack someone believed to belong to Dish IT posted on Reddit (Google “dish hack mcafee reddit” if you want to read the post, it’s kinda technical but hilarious all the same) saying that their large company just got affected by blackbasta, and that they just fired McAfee due to not providing “adequate protection”. He/She posted anonymously but the timeline provided in the post was oddly similar to Dish’s. So…..

IMG_4371.jpeg