Dish hardware upgrade suggestions

WVTG

Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
WV
I have an old Dish receiver, DP301, with a DishPro set up and a DP34 switch that I use to recieve international programming only (118.7) although it was receiving 119 also for software updates (see pics). It suddenly stopped working. The receiver menu comes up but no signal is received. I suspected signal drift at first, but using the data from dishpointer.com, I've not bee able to see either satellite. I've even tried to bypass the switch and hook up a single output from the LNBF directly to the receiver, but no luck. So I assume that it's a bad LNBF. It seemed like a good time to consider upgrading my equipment anyways. I have not desire for additional programming though. As the dish is on the top of my roof, in order to see over nearby trees, and not the easiest spot to get to, I'd like to just upgrade and be done with it. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Terry

Attachments

• IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    301.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    612.7 KB · Views: 142
You might consider the Hopper/Joey system. The Hopper is great even if you only have 1 TV. Dish will fix you up with whatever is needed for the upgrade.

What does the Check Switch reveal? Is the DP34 still visible but not the DP LNBs, or is the DP34 not visible either? The former argues for the LNB being defective, while the latter argues for the 301 or the cabling being at fault. Note that dish is replacing the 301 with the 311 as part of a migration to 8PSK on all transponders. Not sure if that migration affects 118 too, or just 110/119/129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts