Dish has me confused

bfreeman

Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
St. Louis MO
Currently I have three standard Dish recievers. One is a PVR. With St. Louis Hd locals now available I called to upgrade to HD. Wanted two HD and two sd. (one hd would be 622) Dish says the 622 counts as two so I have to turn in two old recievers to get the 622 and I can only have one HD. I would have to run cable from 622 to spare bedroom. She said I could buy an hd reciever for $250 and have it installed. Am I missing something. Didn't really want to buy the hd reciever and pay to have it installed. Does the 622 require two lines from the sat dish.

bfreeman said:
Currently I have three standard Dish recievers. One is a PVR. With St. Louis Hd locals now available I called to upgrade to HD. Wanted two HD and two sd. (one hd would be 622) Dish says the 622 counts as two so I have to turn in two old recievers to get the 622 and I can only have one HD. I would have to run cable from 622 to spare bedroom. She said I could buy an hd reciever for $250 and have it installed. Am I missing something. Didn't really want to buy the hd reciever and pay to have it installed. Does the 622 require two lines from the sat dish.
Yes the 622 Requires 2 lines from the dish unlless you use a DP44 switch.

Thanks Dave

Is a DP44 switch something that Dish should do and or know about. Do they usually charge for this. It seems for St. Louis locals I will need a 1000+ can it only handle 4 recievers--3 if one is a 622. Thanks

DishDave said:
Yes the 622 Requires 2 lines from the dish unlless you use a DP44 switch.

Not with a just a Dish 1000. You just need the one line with the splitter. It all depends on your setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)