Dish HD Christmas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

martha

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
colorado
My system presently has 2 HD receivers. A 722 and a 612. I want to connect 2 more 612 receivers. I want to disconnect the signal presently going to the 612 and add a ???? to connect the 3 in parallel. What device do I need? Thanks Martha

I Live in Eastern Colorado and use the 110,119,,&129 birds. Will the DPP44 require a check switch for each of the receivers? Thanks Martha

The antenna has 2 outputs. One goes to the 722 and the other is connected to the 622. The three Sat's are combined in the LNB's. What about a DP34. Martha

The DP34 is a DishPro, not DishPro Plus, switch. This means that it can only feed 4 tuners, not 4 dual-tuner receivers. Now you could cascade two of these and feed all 4 of your duo receivers with 8 cables. :( Agree with boba; this looks like a job for a DPP44.

I have a DP34, so if the additional receivers I want in Parallel are VIP 211, The DP34 should work??? Martha

I have a DP34, so if the additional receivers I want in Parallel are VIP 211, The DP34 should work???
What say you tell us what you want to end up with receiver-wise and let us take a shot at figuring it out as opposed to you holding information in reserve?

Don't get hung up in the details of your dish and any existing switches until you figure out how many tuners you need to feed. You can only pass through to a limited number of switches and that may be a deciding factor.

You will need at least three wires coming down from the dish in any event.

I have a DP34, so if the additional receivers I want in Parallel are VIP 211, The DP34 should work??? Martha
You need 3 cables from your current LNBs into a DP34 to give you the 3 satellites that you are using. The DP34 number means 3 inputs to 4 outputs. The 722 requires 2 outputs from a DP34 the 612 needs 2 additional outputs from the DP34. You have no outputs left for 211s tou could add a second DP34 but you are going to need 6 cables from the switches to the 4 receivers. DPP separators are not designed to work with Dish Pro switches so you can't run 1 cable to the 722 & 612 as you are doing now.

YOU CAN DO IT CORRECTLY OR DO IT WRONG AND IT WON'T WORK.

I want 3 receivers all being Vip211 and a Vip 622, total 4 receivers. The 622 has it's own cable from the antenna. The other tuner has a single cable and both work. The antenna has 2 cables. One goes to the 211 the other to the 622. I tried the DP34 with the 211 receiver and lost the 129 sat. With the single cable hooked direct to 211, works fine. I did check switch with DP34 and it couldn't see the 129. I am thinking I have 2 choices. Connect a seperate dish set for 129 using the DP34 or use a DPP44 and I hope the DPP44 doesn't need a seperate 129. Thanks Martha

I want three Vip211 and one vip622. The antenna has 2 cables. One to the 211 receiver and the other to the 622 receiver. I tried using the DP34 with the 211 receiver and lost the 129 sat, did check switch and DP34 coudn't see the 129. Will the DPP44 work with single antenna cable or will I have to have a dish set for 129. The DP34 with a seperate 129 dish seems like it would work.

No matter how many times you post it you will need a cable from 110 going to the DP34 or DPP44 another cable from 119 and a third from 129! Call DISH and have them come out and connect your receivers probably a $100 service call fee,and it will be done correctly.

Yes, that's right. You need 3 cables (one for each satellite location) going to your switch, whatever it is. From there, you need one cable per tuner (DP34) or one cable per receiver (DPP44). There is a DPP33 which is a cheap DPP44, but alas it has only 3 outputs while you need 4.

Since you already have a DP34, you could do as I did for awhile, which is to cascade a DPP33 off a DP34. 3 cables must go from antennas to DP34, and up to 4 tuners go off the DP34 outputs. 4 additional patch cables go to a DPP33 for up to 3 more dual tuner receivers hung off the DPP33.

There is no way you can take one cable coming from your DPP twin LNB and split it to more than one receiver.

Last edited:
I think i've got it. Have Dish put up another antenna and run a new cable to the two new receivers. Thanks Martha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts