Dish HD DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
I am considering switching from "D". Would like to know if you can transfer what is on the DVR to a DVD recorder for my library of DVD's?:confused:

Thanking you in advance.

You can record in real time via composites or s-video. If you are asking about transfering files via the usb port, receivers are not set up to do that. There are people who say it can be done, but that is Hack Talk and is now allowed here.

No, just simply recording.......

You can record in real time via composites or s-video. If you are asking about transfering files via the usb port, receivers are not set up to do that. There are people who say it can be done, but that is Hack Talk and is now allowed here.

By the way, that means it will record premium channels, over the air & pay per view, etc................

By the way, that means it will record premium channels, over the air & pay per view, etc................

It will, but remember, it won't be in HD any more, so you will loose PQ. Still, I know a couple of people who do this with their 522/625 SD DVRs and are quite happy with the results, though it is a tedious process.

Tedious?

It will, but remember, it won't be in HD any more, so you will loose PQ. Still, I know a couple of people who do this with their 522/625 SD DVRs and are quite happy with the results, though it is a tedious process.

In what way??????????????, I have been doing it with "D" for years. Isn't it just a matter of utilizing a given video selection from the HD DVR to the DVD Recorder?

Just connect your DVD recorder to the AV out on your DVR and record while your watching. I think what griz_fan was saying is that if you have something recorded on your DVR in HD and you have your DVD recorder connected via the AV outs it will be down converted to SD and you'll lose PQ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts