Dish HD Enabling fee question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

visiter555

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Pembina, ND
I do not have HD locals available here and I am looking at Dishing it up to a 622 (want a dual tuner PVR) though I do not necessarily want Dish's HD packs.

Normally if you have HD IRDs and do NOT have the HD programming, Dish charges the HD enabling fee to utilize the OTA HD EPG.

What if I don't want/need the OTA function and do not sub to HD? Do I still get hit with the HD enabling fee because I have the HD IRD?

Believe me the CSR roulette has been interesting...the CSRs (as usual) can only follow a script!!!!

Comments????

"What if I don't want/need the OTA function and do not sub to HD? Do I still get hit with the HD enabling fee because I have the HD IRD?"

Oh yes, you'll get the HD enabling fee if you don't subscribe to the HD package. For $14.00 more you can at least get to watch the HD channels.

If you do not want HD package or OTA, why are you wanting a 622?

Yes, you will be charge the enabling fee simply for not having the HD pack whether or not you use the OTA.

I want to replace a 311 with a PVR and the 622 is a better deal on Dishnitup than the 625 plus I have the commitment issue IF I decide to go HD down the road (within the commitment period). Same lease rate & DVR rate, so why not 622 was my thinking.

I currently have three HD TVs in the house and maybe if Dish ever offers me locals in HD I will want to switch.

Vis

...if you want to talk to a CSR that can really help you, call Dish Network and navigate to the Technical Help option. The technical help people can help you with upgrades too. They tend to be the more knowledgeable and more understandable of all "CSRs". My latest DishnItUp upgrade was a snap since the technical CSR I got knew his stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)