Dish HD help

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I just got a 811 receiver. I want to use it just for the HD pack and Voom. What dish do I get Dish 1000? Do I need anything else like switch or anything? Also what Sats have HD on them?

Thanks, where is the cheapest place to get one?

For just the HD Pak and Voom, with the possibility of adding an AT## package, the Dish1000 is fine.

To add CBS-HD from 61.5° or 148° you would need the expensive DPP44 switch (the DP21 can not be used with the DPP Twin). You should, however, be able to get a Dish1000 with 3 DP Duals instead of a DPP Twin and DP Dual. That way you can leave 119° disconnected, running 110, 129 and the side dish into a DP34.

Where is the cheapest place to get a Dish 1000?

www.dishdepot.com Has them too. You can just buy the dish and the 3 lnb assembly if you already have the lnbs ; dishproplus twin and dishpro single or dual lnb. They sell them for only 49.99 without the lnbs and if you don't live in Florida there is NO TAX on the purchase and free shipping and handling.

Also included is an instructional manual on how to install the dish with all applicable zipcodes for skew, elevation, and azimuths for the dish 1000. INstalled mine in less than 20 minutes. It helped to have the satellite meter to peak it though. Got that at Dishdepot as well for 29.99. When I used it I peaked it at 119 w and got all 3 satellites the very first time. Now watching Voom at 129 and getting the few other channels from the Houston locals market. Getting 97 on 119w satellite and 85 on 110 satellite and 80's on the 129 satellite. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)