Dish hd locals questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gib4500

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Ohio
When and if Dish ever gets the Hd locals in my dma (wheeling wv locals) what will happen with abc hd? My dma only has wtrf cbs, wtov nbc, and fox. In the future is Dish going to be allowed to fill in that abc station from a neighboring dma like pittsburgh or is the sub going to be out of luck on getting abc hd at all? I think with directv, you can get a distant hd channel if they don't have a local hd channel in your lineup. I'm not sure about that though. It seems if this is the case directv will have a major advantage in some of these markets that don't have all the networks.

Also how long do you think it will be for Dish or Direct to get locals in some of the smaller markets like mine. I currently have my service address in pittsburgh so i can get hd locals, however i would like to get my home address locals in the future. One of the reasons i would want to switch them is because being in pittsburgh pa dma i can't get indians or reds. I can just get pirates. Thanks.

I am afraid you will be SOL on the ABC unless you "move". Dish will be lighting up locals "soon". When the next sat gets launched (next week) and up and running. Sky Angel will give Dish back a few transponders too at the end of this month. It will be getting crazy around here in about 2 months.:)

Yea that's really a shame about abc hd. I have pittsburgh hd locals now though. It's a catch 22 though because i don't get indians or reds games now because of the "move". I really think Dish should be allowed to offer a neighboring dma's network if one is missing. Cable and Directv would have a great advantage in this situation i would think. It doesn't seem fair to the customer or to dish. oh well. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)