Dish HD Pack

radiohead8989

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
I have a problem, and I just wanted to see if anyone thinks I have any hope of getting what I want. I had an 811 with the HD pack (9.99) and Voom (5.00) only. I purchased a VIP622, and had it added to my account. It gets everything that the 811 was getting, but not the additional 5 Voom channels that were added in Feb. I've talked to eleven different people at Dish Network, and no one knows how to turn them on. In the end, they tell me I need one of the new Metallic packages. Do I have any hope of getting upgraded to the full HD package that existed until June 9th?

garys said:
When I activated my 622, the csr stated that the 622 can only be activated with an programing upgrade to a metalic pack. I get all the new hd channels (even the ones added after I upgraded) and the 5 additional voom.
I believe you can add a purchased ViP622 without upgrading. Obviously you need the Metallic packs for the additional HD channels (5 voom, ESPN2, FOOD, HGTV(gold or platinum), NFL, STARZ(platinum or starz pack), Universal, and possibly your Locals). Well worth the approximately $5 more then the older HD and Voom packages.

Last edited:
Common, give Dish 5 more dollars. It will be well worth it: Espn2HD, HGTVHD, FoodHD, UniversalHD, NGHD, StarzHD (PQ is still not good here), NFLHD, 5 more Voom channels.
What is your point of not adding these channels?

The only reason I went to Dish last year was to get the soccer from Spain in HD. I had to purchase an 811 to get it, and then after six months it was gone. They moved it to one of the new Voom channels (WorldsportHD). I was already paying $21 a month just to watch those games. I have Comcast for everything else because there is no HD-Lite on Comcast at this point. My Comcast bill is $150/month for tv and Internet. To move up to a Metallic package would raise my bill to around $55 a month (with the PVR fee included). That's more then double what I was paying.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I thought the stand alone HD package was updated in Feb. As I remember it, they added seven new channels (5 Voom, ESPN2HD, & UHD) & combined the HD package and Voom into one package. That package was then discontinued on June 9th, 2006. I thought that package was $20/month + the $6 HD fee if you don't have a metallic package. Am I wrong about this? I saw it listed as $29.99/month on another web site, but I don't ever remember reading that price listed here.
I had hoped that Dish would enable the full HD package for me, since I already had it to begin with. I know that I wouldn't get the lastest channels, like Food HD, but I'm fine with that. I just wanted the cheapest possible solution for WorldsportHD.

The channel World Sports is one of the mpeg4 channels and should be on the BronzeHD package You would need any one of three receivers. 211 411 or 622. The 622 would be the only one to have a DVR fee, the other two are standard HD receivers.

As you note, Dish discontinued offering the HD Standalone Pack in the June timeframe. It was $29.99 plus a $6 HD enabling fee plus any DVR fees if you had one. So it would have cost you $42/month with the 622. If you had sub'ed at that time, you would have been grandfathered and would still have it now.

Cheapest option now is HD Bronze at $49.99 plus DVR fee.

Last edited:
Tom Bombadil said:
As you note, Dish discontinued offering the HD Standalone Pack in the June timeframe. It was $29.99 plus a $6 HD enabling fee plus any DVR fees if you had one. So it would have cost you $42/month with the 622. If you had sub'ed at that time, you would have been grandfathered and would still have it now.

Cheapest option now is HD Bronze at $49.99 plus DVR fee.
Actually the HD pack is only available to PR residents,but in order to get it have to be only with Vip series receivers or 411......;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts