Dish HD Programming Options

WiCkeDuDe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Utah
Hoping someone can help me clarify these new programming choices. I am an existing customer with a 522 I own. I want to get HD programming now but I am not sure I want to pay 299 for a 622 and 18 month contract.

As I understand it the metcallic HD packages only work with the 211 and 622 as they are mpeg4 which makes sense. I have a 942 receiver that I can purchase for a great price but what will I have to sign up for if I activate it? Or will they no longer even let you have HD programming unless its a new contract for the metallic packages?

Also for a 622 its $5 for a dvr fee and then $6 for any additional HD receiver, $5 for an additional SD receiver?

Ive been a happy dish customer for awhile but I must admit that the rollout of this new program is pretty disorganized to say the least.

Good questions. I may be wrong on this(probably am), someone will correct me if I am, but I don' t think it would be a good idea for you to buy a 942 at this point. You'll never get any new channels going forward, and I'm pretty sure you are right about not being able to order the metallic packs if you just activated a 942. I don't think you can get any programming on it unless you already owned/leased it before Feb. 1st, in which case you can keep the old hd package, you just won't get any new stuff.(not sure about the fees anymore, though).:)

David

If you get the 622, you will pay a $5.99 dvr fee, and then an aditional $5 fee for each additional reciever that you have(whether HD or SD).

I could be wrong, however I suspect you would still get HBO-HD and SHO-HD if you sub to those packages, since these 2 are still in Mpeg 2 and included in those packages. You would also be able to use the built in ota dt-tuner to bring in HD ota locals.

Not sure if that is true anymore:

HBO HDTV
HBO, the leader in premium television programming, now brings you the future of television in HBO HDTV. It's a future you're going to want to experience! HBO HD included in the DishHD Platinum package or at no additional charge with subscription to the HBO movie package and a DishHD programming package.

Showtime HDTV
The ultimate entertainment experience has arrived with Showtime HD. The movies you love most, the original series you won't see anywhere else, plus Championship Boxing at its best all come together with the biggest, sharpest picture and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. Showtime HD included in the DishHD Platinum package or at no additional charge with subscription to the Showtime movie package and a DishHD programming package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)