DISH HD Questions

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
Hi,

I really like the looks of the 622, but 30 hours of HD seems pretty low for a 320GB hard drive. Is that the MPEG2 number? What about MPEG4? I have about 410GB of space on one of my SA8300HDs currently, and I get over 60 hours of HD.

Also, it looks like the Local FOX and CBS stations are not available in my area, (Durham, NC). Anyone know what is up with that?

Thanks,
Ted

MPEG4 reportedly takes less space then MPEG2, remember, part of the 622 drive is also dedicated to VOD.

There are currently 4 movies in my VOD section of the 622. I have had as much as 45 hours of HD content on my 622 (not including the VOD crap I don't want). However much of it was from local channels which have sub-channels. I find it interesting that when I delete a program listed at 1 hour long, the receiver only shows about 50-55 minutes of space freed up. :)

See ya
Tony

I currents have slightly over 30 hours of HD movies(monsters hd and hdnet) on my hdd along with a 2 hour hist channel show. I still have 8 hours of hd showing. I think closer to 40 hours of HD is accurate.

Honestly, Ive never gotten this full, just been recording a lot of 2 and 3 hour hd movies lately and Im behind on watchin them.

I currents have slightly over 30 hours of HD movies(monsters hd and hdnet) on my hdd along with a 2 hour hist channel show. I still have 8 hours of hd showing. I think closer to 40 hours of HD is accurate.

Honestly, Ive never gotten this full, just been recording a lot of 2 and 3 hour hd movies lately and Im behind on watchin them.

Are Monsters HD and HDNET MPEG2 or MPEG4 on DISH?

Thanks,
Ted

Anyone have any info on the CBS and FOX HD Channels in Raleigh? I can't really consider DISH without CSI and House in HD.

Thanks,
Ted

Anyone have any info on the CBS and FOX HD Channels in Raleigh? I can't really consider DISH without CSI and House in HD.

Thanks,
Ted

Probably a contract dispute with the stations. You could always "move" and pickup Charlotte HD locals instead if you wish to get all four. I believe Raleigh and Charlotte are both @ 118.7

OTA is also an option. I actually prefer OTA for locals in HD, best PQ you can get.

OTA is not an option where I live. I tried that a couple of years ago, and was very disappointed. I get weird multipathing at my house. Both the PBS and CBS stations sent trucks out to diagnose, but were unable to determine what the deal was. I get horrible cell phone reception too, probably for the same reason. I was a little surprised I could get satellite signal, but I guess the Z angle was high enough to cut out whatever the interference is.

Thanks,
Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)