DISH HD / Vip622 HD DVR + Promotions

masop

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
Good morning/afternoon/evening. I'm trying to consider whether to jump at the current promotion of $80/mo (all monthly fees and taxes included) for the Americas Top 200 with DishHD, Vip622 HD DVR Dual
Receiver and Local Channels Package. The up front cost of the DVR currently is $180. After $20/mo savings for 10 months you've gotten all $180 back plus $20 on top of that, but you have to wait 10 months.

The upcoming August 15th promotion as we all know it, includes the first 6 months of DishHD service FREE. This includes $20/mo savings for 6 months which comes out to $120 savings. The rep I talked to indicated the Vip622 HD DVR price would be dropped and the rebate would be less than it is now but he said he didn't have the specifics available. I am assuming the cost of the DVR might drop to $100 due to the $80 cut from the current $200 rebate.

I wish I could upgrade to DISH HD and get the DVR for no up front cost. Even with a fee, I'd rather pay for it spread out over time than up front, all at once. Any input?

-- Dan

well #1, unless they consider you a class b or c customer you have your prices wrong

It's $149 to upgrade, $10 off for 10 months dishhd credit, and $100 dish 'n it up rebate

I don't forsee dish ever offering an upgrade to an HD-dvr for free, so don't wait for that to happen.

and even thought the HD credit is changing to 6 months free I dunno if the dish'n it up credit is ending or not

But I believe they will also be offering everyone 3 free months of a premium. So with the 6 free of hd and 3 free of premium, there's $150 value back right there in free programming

well #1, unless they consider you a class b or c customer you have your prices wrong

It's $149 to upgrade, $10 off for 10 months dishhd credit, and $100 dish 'n it up rebate

I don't forsee dish ever offering an upgrade to an HD-dvr for free, so don't wait for that to happen.

and even thought the HD credit is changing to 6 months free I dunno if the dish'n it up credit is ending or not

But I believe they will also be offering everyone 3 free months of a premium. So with the 6 free of hd and 3 free of premium, there's $150 value back right there in free programming

Well, the first rep said $200 back and the other $100 back. Everything I read online indicates $100 back. However, the dish web site still says $200 back DISH Network -- Dish HD
for new customers only. Again, what do they classify as a new customer, lol. I only have this question in my mind because I have received inconsistent responses each time I call. I'm inclined to not believe the $200, as I am already a dish network customer, just not HD.

Anyways, I'm going to call on the 15th and see what they have to offer. I'll probably order then as long as I don't have to drop $150-$200 up front, cause I just don't have that kinda cash laying around. $100 is just about my limit right now, otherwise it'll have to wait for a while, argh... :)

-- Dan

Whats a B or C class member?

For all DISH'N Up promotions, promotions to upgrade the receivers, DISH quaifies the customer as A,B, or C. The A customers pay the lest amount, the B is a little higher, and C customers are the highest. From what we have been able to see with our customers it is based on, length of being a customer, programming package level, and payment history. It isn't an exact science but these things give us a good idea on what the customer can expect.

Hope that helps.

Shawn

there is no way to get equipment without the upfront charge. i know it sux. i think for top tier cust it should be spread over time with a new 18 month commit, but it aint. there are different level of tiers custs are placed in. it all depends how long you been with dish and your payment history. one involuntary disco, and you will pay for it.

For all DISH'N Up promotions, promotions to upgrade the receivers, DISH quaifies the customer as A,B, or C. The A customers pay the lest amount, the B is a little higher, and C customers are the highest. From what we have been able to see with our customers it is based on, length of being a customer, programming package level, and payment history. It isn't an exact science but these things give us a good idea on what the customer can expect.

Hope that helps.

Shawn

Well, I'm just hoping the cost of the 622 is less than $180 up front on the 15th. I've been a dish customer for 16 months now. It would make sense that they would allow the spreading out of the cost of hardware. I know for a fact they would make more money and get more customers to upgrade to higher packages if they allowed that.

I figure, if the box was $180 they should allow it to be spread out over 6 months which would be around $30 a month. Oh well. Nobody said the brightest people were those who make these kind of decisions for corporations. The most obvious "positive" business decisions are
sometimes over-looked by those in control. It's all more or less just a matter of opinion I suppose. And you know what they say about opinions, heh.

-- Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)