Dish HD vs. Directv HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Turd Fergeson

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
River Falls, Al
I always see people on here comparing or dogging the HD quality for each of these providers. I have both and all the HD channels available on both. I have my Samsung directv reciever hooked up on a DVI cable and I did have my 811 hooked up on component cables. I know that the component cables will give a lower quality than hdmi but the 811 looked better on component than the Sammy did, so that is how I have had it for a while. I got my 622 about a week ago and I connected it to my TV's hdmi port. From what I understand HDMI and DVI give the same picture quality hdmi just carries sound too. If that is true there is no comparison Dish HD kills Directv HD. I mean it is not even close. If it wasn't for the east coast local HD channels I get from them I would cancel them all together and I know I will as soon as my locals go up on Dish which may be a while. But I know I will be dropping everything I can on my Directv account. The 622 is outstanding, well worth the upgrade fee. I had one small problem on TV2 but that cleared up. So anyone wanting sd only, both are good products in my opinion make up your own mind. But if you want HD Dish is the way to go, Hands down...... in my opinion.

The Voom channels are much better than HDNet on Directv. Idon't know what the deal is with those Voom channels. I know they are down converted but they look pretty darn good to me not quite as good as UHD or Dish HDNet but pretty close
again.....just my opinion.

Yeah I watched Silence of the Lambs on Monsters HD last night and I thought it look pretty darn good. There was lots of detail on some close ups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)