Dish HD (Worth it)?

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I have a basic 32" TV and was thinking of buying a new HD TV (either plasma or LCD)
I currently subscribe to Americas top 120 and have a DVR 625 receiver.
What I was wondering, what HD programming is comparable to Americas top 120 and how many HD channels are included with it and what receiver is comparable to the DVR 625?
Also about how much more money per month would this cost me?
Thanks for your help in advance!
Lenny

AT120 is approximately equivalent to DishHD Silver, i.e., Silver would include the ~120 SD channels PLUS the HD content (minus the HD premiums). The HD content for Silver comprises 26 channels, including the 15 "voom" channels. Here is a link to that programming:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/...ramming/pricingandpackages/silver/index.shtml

DishHD Silver is $59.99 per month plus $4.99 more for your locals if you want them (that would include HD locals if there are any through Dish for your DMA). The comparable HD receiver is the ViP622. That would add $5.98 per month DVR fee. You would also have the receiver $6 per mo. lease fee if you lease it. The 622 will give you one set of HD outputs for TV1 and also control of a second tuner for an SD TV2. It also has an HD OTA tuner.

Right now Dish has some great upgrade deals that would include the 622 and necessary equipment (new dish, etc.) and some programming discounts for 10 months. Call them for the complete information...

PS - I have the 622 and really love it...

EDIT: Sorry for the essential repeat of mdonnelly's post - I guess we were both working on it at the same time...

Last edited:
Yup, the best TV is still the free TV ;)

I dunno even know why I have satellite, way too much price for the actually ammount of satellite I watch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts