Dish HD

wingo

Original poster
Jun 28, 2014
When I signed up for Dish it was during a period when HD programming was not free for life. As such I decided to be cheap and not pay for HD programming. That said at this point HD programming is has returned to free for life, but I'm not receiving the HD programming associated with the package I am subscribed to.

I called Dish today asking them to resolve why I'm not receiving the programming and was told my problem is that I don't have the correct antenna. In short I'm in the midwest with a 1000.2 (Western arc antenna) and receive 110/119/129 with good signal. Note that my receiver can see local HD channels and promotional channels which are provided in HD.

What am I missing? Doesn't Dish need to tell my receiver that a different (larger subset of the channels) are authorized?

Well, where in the Midwest are you, that would help, your DMA city, to be exact.

He said he gets the locals and free previews in HD so I think that means he's got the right dish and receiver.

The account is probably not flagged for HD programming, if OP subscribed when HD was an add on cost. Contact a DIRT member

I thought as much. But when I called them I couldn't cut through their template answers.

I would add that a lot of problems, roadblocks, and just plain WRONG info has a lot to do if one is dealing with a CSR out of USA or a CSR IN the USA. The last I knew, the USA CSR's were available only during certain hours. What you have to do is ASK for a CSR in the USA, and the will connect you. Whenever I've dealt with USA CSR's, I've NEVER had any bad info or problems, but I ALWAYS get the run-around, the wrong answers from foreign based CSR's and they are the one's who read from that "template." I'm not saying there may be USA CSR's who may be just as bad as the foreign one, just that my personal experience has been always positive when dealing with USA CSR's.

Reactions: peggy97850

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)