Dish Home Protection

grendyl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
I am thinking about getting the Dish Home Advantage plan for my parents (+ DSL) There is no contract and they (Dish Network) own the equipment, not my parents. Thus is Dish Home Protection worth it?

ok, here is the deal for dish home protection. If you have problems with the receivers your parents have Dish will replace it and give you a new reciever, but you have to return it to them. Also, if you face with any difficulties with anything with your dish instead of paying $99 you only pay $29 for the service guy. If you move to another location, they will move with you at no charge.

got all this from the tech guy and dish website

They had to come to my house once, the guy was cool, only paid $29

I don't think its worth Paying $5.95 per month for the extended warranty plan a new DHA customer.

The equipment you receive as a new sub is covered under warranty for as long as your a lease (DHA) customer. However after 90 days they do charge you $99 per service call to send a Tech to your house.
They will swap out defective receivers,remotes thru the Mail and you can connect it yourself for a $15 shipping charge.

You can pay $5.95 per month for the Dish Home protection extended warranty and then you get free shipping on needed equipment replacements.
In home tech service cost you $29 instead of $99
You can signup for or cancel this monthly plan at anytime.
why not wait for a problem and then call and signup.

New Dish Subs under the current DHA Plan Don't have a required 1 Year contract. If I had Dish equipment that went Bad I would tell them to fix there equipment as they own it not me. If they didn't agree then I would tell them to cancle the service.

The Dish paperwork your required to sign at Installation has a place to sign that states you have no contract and the fee's for repair. There is also the option of accepting a 1 or 2 year contract and receiving the extended warranty for free during the 1 or 2 year contract period you choose.
I figured I would give Dish atleast a Year tryout and elected to sign the 1 year option and get the Protection plan included at no cost.

Many retailers are no longer accepting DHA without the 1- or 2-year commitment. There's too much risk. If the customer isn't willing to lock in for a year to get all the stuff for nothing, then they're likely to disconnect in that time - screwing the retailer on chargebacks in the process.

Sure enough - the site seems to be down. I'll check it again in a day or two.

Seems likely that now that tunaboy got what he wanted, he has no need for it any more.

Of course, what HE wants and what WE want are two different things.

lol, sad thing is someone actually typed out

REQUESTED PAGE NOT FOUND

it's not from a server, so they deleted everything and put that up, i think you're right simon :(

Right now the new Promo for new subs is Get the Top 180 for the Top 60 price for 3 Months if you sign the 1 year contract that also includes the One year free warranty.

The on ly thing I dont like about the so called FREE warranty is the $29 service fee, per call, so I would not call it free, but then again the price of GAS is going to be way high soon so maybe its worth it.

How do you cancel the free warranty after one year so you dont keep getting charged??

To continue the off-topic part of this thread...

Hehe, BFG is right, their 404 page is different from the home page. I got a kick out of the "we have recently reorganized the site to better serve you" part--reorganized by deletion, that is, but the "to better serve you" part? :rolleyes:

The domain registration is still good for 10 more months at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts