Dish hook up 211k and hopper and joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

phasze

Original poster
Jan 5, 2015
hinesville
I have an existing dish with hopper and a joey with the solo node. I also have a 211k receiver from they tailgaiter. I want to add the 211k to the dish at home. How would I go about doing so?

From what I understand you can't. The hopper goes with the joeys only. The only way to have both a hopper and a 211 on the same address is to have two separate accounts. I could be wrong but this is what I remember when the Hopper was introduced. It is a way to prevent account stacking.

I'm pretty sure you can have a 211k in addition to your hopper as a tailgater. But they don't want you to use it in your house. Call DISH and ask them about the policy because they told me I could install my old 211k on my account and I had two hoppers at the time with two joeys.

You can have up to two owned ViP211s on a Hopper account. Was not that way originally.

Reactions: TheKrell
I have an existing dish with hopper and a joey with the solo node. I also have a 211k receiver from they tailgaiter. I want to add the 211k to the dish at home. How would I go about doing so?

You need a separate wire from the dish to the 211K. That's it.

But, how do you hook it up with the Hopper wiring. It is already activated on the account.
You most likely would need another sat dish just for the 211k. IF all you have is the hopper and some joeys ,then you could use the third run from the sat dish and run it to the 211k. Works that way with the super joey and a hopper and joeys. I have two runs to the hopper and the third run to my super joey. I have separate western arc dish ,that I picked up that someone was throwing away, and use it just for the 211k . I have it run for my ota terk 44 clip on antenna that diplexes the signal for ota and sat for all my ota antenna needs. IF I ever wanted to reactivate the 211k , I'm all set.

You would need to add a DPP33 or DPP44 switch to your system. Two lines would feed the solo node and a third would go to the 211. A DPP44 switch would allow for adding a second Hopper or SuperJoey later on.

You would need to add a DPP33 or DPP44 switch to your system. Two lines would feed the solo node and a third would go to the 211.

Why? The OP said he has a single node. The 3rd line from the dish can go to the 211K. It's that simple. No switch is required unless he can't get to the dish.

Ok, I just had dish installed. I have 1 hopper, 1 super joey, and 3 joeys. I also have a 211z activated for my camper. The previous thread stated just run the 3rd line from the lnb to the 211z separately. Trouble is all 3 lines from the lnb are being used on my current set up? What do I do?

Ok, I just had dish installed. I have 1 hopper, 1 super joey, and 3 joeys. I also have a 211z activated for my camper. The previous thread stated just run the 3rd line from the lnb to the 211z separately. Trouble is all 3 lines from the lnb are being used on my current set up? What do I do?

You need a DPP44.

When the Hopper first came out,DISH posted diagrams for the various setups including this. I think Ihave them on my compter at home. I'm away on vacation. If I find it, I can post it on Mon. Or someone else may have it.
If you go back to the very first Hopper threads, a link may be there. Scott may be able to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts