Dish Hopper customer seriously tempted to switch to xfinity, help me choose

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Holysmoke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
I pay 54.99 plus 12 for top 120. I then pay xfinity $30 for 25 Mbps internet.

Xfinity is offering me their preferred 160+ channels pretty much everything other than premiums plus 105 Mbps internet for $100 a month includes HBO and streampix and on demand. The DVR and HD fee is included in the $100.

I am wondering if anyone knows what dish package is equal to the preferred xfinity 160+ package.

If I upgraded dish to top 200 added HBO It is over $100 and that doesn't include any internet at all.

For the same price I could get a whopping 105 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload.

On top of all that they offered me a $200 visa card after 4 months of on time payments

Help me please.

If you get to bundle price with internet and TV, it is hard to beat on Dish. But, be aware if you are still in the 2 year commitment on Dish before you start to shop around...

I pay 54.99 plus 12 for top 120. I then pay xfinity $30 for 25 Mbps internet.

Xfinity is offering me their preferred 160+ channels pretty much everything other than premiums plus 105 Mbps internet for $100 a month includes HBO and streampix and on demand. The DVR and HD fee is included in the $100.

I am wondering if anyone knows what dish package is equal to the preferred xfinity 160+ package.

If I upgraded dish to top 200 added HBO It is over $100 and that doesn't include any internet at all.

For the same price I could get a whopping 105 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload.

On top of all that they offered me a $200 visa card after 4 months of on time payments

Help me please.

Is the XFinity cost a 12 month introductory rate? Does it require a commitment? What is the cost after the intro prices? Are you under a commitment at Dish already? If so, what is the cost of breaking that commitment? All things that you'll have to think about to decide what the best decision is.

Also, in some states, Dish has Dishnet Wireline. This is not to be confused with satellite internet. In the states and areas where this is available, Dish does have bundle deals with TV+internet, and TV/Internet/Phone. The internet is not going to be 105 Mbps, though.

I was wondering that too. My xfinity internet 25mbps is 66.95 non-promo price. :(

It has a 24 month commitment, no clue what it costs after, I would just return equipment if too high. I have several months left with Dish contract and that would require welcome pack. The $200 Visa card would more than offset the welcome pack or even an ETF.

My main enjoyment with the X1 DVR is the on demand selection. It is quite extensive and a great deal of it is free.

Last edited:
It has a 24 month commitment, no clue what it costs after, I would just return equipment if too high. I have several months left with Dish contract and that would require welcome pack. The $200 Visa card would more than offset the welcome pack or even an ETF.

My main enjoyment with the X1 DVR is the on demand selection. It is quite extensive and a great deal of it is free.

GO IT LOOKS LIKE A PERFECT FIT

I would compare equipment. How many tuners does the Cable dvr have? Can you add an external drive for storage. Do you much saved on your Hopper and or ehd? Are you willing to loose all those recordings? Price is not the only thing.

Must be nice to have options. I'm getting 10M for $49.95 from my telephone company
If I were to drop down to the next level from 25mbps, I could get 6M for 51.95...so I have options, just more expensive ones.

I ended up taking an X1 DVR HD box, Premier Package including all premiums, and 50 Mbps internet for $109.99 with $200 rebate visa card after 90 days.

Dish premium package is $125 plus $12 hopper fee with no internet, so good bye Dish.

What is the price after the promo period ends?

What is the Price of Dish after the promo period ends.

What is the Price of DirecTV after the promo period ends.

I just love when people bring up the price of cable when the promo period ends as a negative but won't bring up the fact that it is the same for Sat. services, all of their prices go up when it ends.

I have never paid comcast non promo prices. I always get retentions to renew or change me to a new promo.

I have paid $25 for internet for 7 years. I recently went to a $30 internet promo for 12 months, now this promo.

When this promo ends I will go to another promo or most likely directv for NFL.

what is nice about xfinity is the price stays the same for the 24 month contract, not increase dramatically the 2nd year like dish and dtv do

What is the Price of Dish after the promo period ends.

What is the Price of DirecTV after the promo period ends.

I just love when people bring up the price of cable when the promo period ends as a negative but won't bring up the fact that it is the same for Sat. services, all of their prices go up when it ends.

With good reason we ask.
1. Look at the DISH site, then most of the Cable sites. I defy you to easily see what the promo cost is and what the cost will be after the promo on the Cable sites, it is easily seen on the DISH site, and I think the Direct site.

2. Even with bundling the cost of DISH after the promo, and getting your internet from your cable company, and VOIP if you want it from a third party, is often less than the wonderful deal Cable gives. I can tell you 100% even the promo price from Charter to get the channels I get with DISH (Which they don't even have some of the channels) and their Internet price on that promo is just barely less than I pay now. That's their promo price! That doesn't even address their update equipment - and by updated I mean they think it's 1999.

It is a little dependent on where you live as to what the cost will be. Addressing the post above - Charter would laugh for days if I asked for a $30, $40 cost for Internet. I'm at $45 after my normal three month begging, and then only because I have been with them now for years.

Last edited:
2. Even with bundling the cost of DISH after the promo, and getting your internet from your cable company, and VOIP if you want it from a third party, is often less than the wonderful deal Cable gives. I can tell you 100% even the promo price from Charter to get the channels I get with DISH (Which they don't even have some of the channels) and their Internet price on that promo is just barely less than I pay now. That's their promo price! That doesn't even address their update equipment - and by updated I mean they think it's 1999. It is a little dependent on where you live as to what the cost will be.
I doubt it.
My Bill XFINITY Bundled Services HD Preferred Plus XF Bundle Includes Digital Preferred with HBO, Starz, access to Premium On Demand Programming, Video Equipment, Internet Service and Digital Voice Unlimited Promotional Rate. $ 144.99
EcoBill Discount $ -5.00
Additional XFINITY TV Services
AnyRoom DVR Service Promotional Rate. $ 0.00 Additional Outlet Svc HD Converter $ 9.95
Additional XFINITY Internet Services Speed Increase Extreme 105 Internet Service. Promotional Rate. Promotional Rate for 24 months $ 0.00
Additional XFINITY Voice Services Voice/Data Modem Rental $ 8.00
Other Charges & Credits Universal Connectivity Charge - Reoccurring $ 0.91 Service Discount Promotional Rate.
Promotional Rate for 12 months $ -20.00
Broadcast TV Fee $ 1.50
Regulatory Recovery Fee Recurring $ 0.12
Taxes, Surcharges & Fees $ 7.73
Grand Total $ 148.20
After my 12 month promo my bill only goes up $20.00, already confirmed and in writing( e-mail from Comcast).
As far as the equipment goes, I have the X1 and at first it was crap, now with the latest updates it works great, very stable, fast, never misses recordings, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)