Dish Hopper site is up at Dish.com

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If you decide not to record the primetime, you may use the third tuner. Also there is the possibility to add one more Hopper. This is just information from reading the big thread from yesterday.

The statistics that DISH cited at CES indicated that during Prime Time, 53% of the viewing population is watching Prime Time programming from the Big Four.
I am a 47%-er. :D
Indeed but anytime they can make over half their customers happy by doing something they better jump at it. Much better than what they usually do which is making a large percentage of us angry.

Speaking of angry, I have an abnormal amount of dislike for what they decided to name the product. "Hopper and Joey" sounds more like some sixties sitcom or kid's cartoon show than the most advanced consumer digital television reception equipment on the planet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, this looks a lot like the "Dish 777" design updated for HD technology.

Last edited:
The article on Yahoo had the following in it: "The company will start shipping it in January, and it should be in consumer hands shortly thereafter." Take it for what it's worth.
That means either within the next 22 days, or one or more years from now. Did they specify the actual year in the article or just "in January"?

No OTA capability mentioned. I use that a lot to get around timer conflicts with broadcast network programming. Perhaps it won't be necessary anymore for the "average" viewer, but I still enjoy having OTA as an option.

Speaking of angry, I have an abnormal amount of dislike for what they decided to name the product. "Hopper and Joey" sounds more like some sixties sitcom or kid's cartoon show than the most advanced consumer digital television reception equipment on the planet.

I think Dish is trying to get back to their folksy image. The same reason they did Charlie Chats. Trying to look like a small town company for rural America, not some giant global conglomorate.

This.....

No OTA capability mentioned. I use that a lot to get around timer conflicts with broadcast network programming. Perhaps it won't be necessary anymore for the "average" viewer, but I still enjoy having OTA as an option.

Plus OTA have subchannels that Dish doesn't. For example, Topeka's CBS is 13.1 and they show additional programming on 13.2. Or 49.3 has CW and Dish doesn't offer a Topeka CW.

I really think they picked "Hopper" and "Joey" so as to push advanced technology in a non intimidating manner. Certainly there are plenty of folks still that don't want to fiddle with that new fangled HDTV stuff.

Unfortunately, they still often behave like they are operating out of a garage.

Yes, one reason I have been with Dish almost since their beginning. That style has their CSR's here providing a great service, while the more corporate Direct doesn't.

No pricing has been announced yet, but I am hearing the pricing will surprise a lot of folks in a good way.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!