Dish hypocrisy sinks to new low - Do they think we're all stupid!

ten bucks

I called today (for a sub) and asked about the ten dollar off promo. They gave her ten bucks off for a year with a new 24 month commitment. Seemed very quick and easy, like they would do it for anyone who asked.

I just got the email, and chuckled too.

At least for now, I think, HD absolute is safe...

I've also been happy with Sprint for 12+years. Got this months bill and it was double! lost my 'Loyalty" discount and a long time 2+yrs $10/mo credit. :mad: The email care team siad we no longer offer discounts! :( :confused: :mad: :eek:

They are doing a great job lately for customer retention (if you ask for the deals). Adding free HBO/Starz for three months, Cinemax for a penny for one year, $10 off for 12 months in addition to the Dish'n It Up promotion makes it just about as good of a deal as it would be if you switched providers in which is what they needed to. I don't blame them for requiring a 24 month commitment because they need something in return.

I lost all confidence in Dish's honesty when they co-opted my owned 211 receiver as theirs, and after a month of my diligent trying they never fixed it. Yes, it appears it is intentional, and no, other corporations do not pull this kind of dirty dealing.

And look at all the Usual Suspects, doing what they were hired and are paid to do, shill for Dish.

That sounds just as bad as them trying to swap all the owned 721's into leased 522's. That, in my book, was a dirty trick.

Umm, you pretty much excuse Dish with an "everyone does it" statement implying that since many other companies do it so, it's OK.

I never said it was OK.

Raising prices significantly in the middle of a recession is not OK.

Putting off adding new national HD until Spring, while raising prices anyway, when bandwidth is now available, is also not OK.

However, putting out a ridiculous marketing flyer is not outrageous or insulting, as the OP implies, instead it is just somewhat pathetic, but no more pathetic than most marketing gibberish.

" The C students run the world. " - President Harry S. Truman

There will be no price increases in 2009.

The history books will say there were price increases in 2009 and DiSH Network said there will be no price increases in 2009.

Both statements need some included point of reference to be completely accurate.

They are offering $10 a month discount (for 12 months) with a 2 year contract extension to most customers

Only a retard would do that. No more contracts for me. Pretty soon we will have contracts for everything. I'm sure there is a certain way they would apply it

I lost all confidence in Dish's honesty when they co-opted my owned 211 receiver as theirs, and after a month of my diligent trying they never fixed it. Yes, it appears it is intentional, and no, other corporations do not pull this kind of dirty dealing.

And look at all the Usual Suspects, doing what they were hired and are paid to do, shill for Dish.

The Usual Suspects are hard at work once again..........truth be told.
Dishnet can do no wrong. :rolleyes:

If you are already in a two year conract then it does not hurt to get the $10 off for 12 months since it just starts the contract over. I am wondering if Dish will eventually want to extend that contract two years beyond the other contracts in the future in order to get additional promotions.

Hmmm try again directv does this all the time too. I bought a receiver and they said it was a leased receiver. I fought 6 months with directv to get them to admit my own bought receiver was mines.

Marketing is not necessary. In Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Earth is evacuated in two starships, one with the doers and thinkers, the another one with "marketing consultants, hairdressers and telephone santizers". The second one is sent to a different location....
I feel I must point out that you got it backwards. It wasn't Earth that was evacuated, it was that the original inhabitants of Earth were displaced by the "marketing consultants, hairdressers and telephone sanitizers" that arrived on that one starship from Golgafrincham. The other two-thirds of Golgafrincham what stayed behind were later decimated with a virulent disease contracted from a dirty telephone.

If you are already in a two year conract then it does not hurt to get the $10 off for 12 months since it just starts the contract over. I am wondering if Dish will eventually want to extend that contract two years beyond the other contracts in the future in order to get additional promotions.

Yup...it's a no-brainer in some cases. Take the case of one of my relatives. 14 months left on contract. They up it to 24 by renewing and get $120 off their bill for the next 12 months. If they wanted to cancel in 14 months when the first contract expired, it'll cost them $12.50 x 10 or $125.

If you've got a sufficient amount of time on your contract it's definitely worth it.

Back to your original question ... "Dish hypocrisy sinks to new low - Do they think we're all stupid?"

I think you know the answer. Yep.