Dish in Aruba

Kenn

Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Nomad, USA
Is there any way to get Dish Network in Aruba? We have no equipment (other than the TV) but we're willing to buy some.

I'd appreciate any help,
Thanks

The Marriott uses three separate 6' dishes for the Surf Club. You are going to have to buy some serious equipment!

Easier might be to get a receiver activated in the US and get a SlingBox. Aruba's internet connection is pretty good these days, so you would get a pretty good picture.

Good luck!

Aruba is 3 degrees or 500 miles south of St Croix but 4 degrees further west. Therefore you are closer to Sat 110 and Sat 119 which we receive here using a 30" Dish. Need to look these satellite signal profiles to see what your signal profile is for Aruba. Then you can determine what size dish you will need.

If you can get service to get locals you will probably need to have your address in some area where you still can sign up for AAD.

Therefore you are closer to Sat 110 and Sat 119 which we receive here using a 30" Dish.

Funny, being that close to the equator I would think you could use a Campbell's Soup lid and get good reception? :D ;)

Sorry OP, I can't tell you if you can actually get Dish there?

A flashlight can throw a beam of light out 30 feet, and NOT illuminate anything right under it, until that beam hits the ground.

Same thing with a satellite. Just because he's "closer" to it, doesn't necessarily mean he can get signals from any particular transponder any easier. He might need a much bigger dish in fact. It all depends on the footprint and/or spotbeams of the satellite he needs to receive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts