Dish In-House VOD Suggestion

CowboyDren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
I'm a Dish customer, and I like the fact that I am. I like Charlie Chat, and I like Tech Forum, and I like listening to the crap that spews from out their mouths when they talk into the camera on Monday nights at 8PM CDST.

Why, oh why, do they put it on Monday night during PRIME TIME TV?!? My Heroes timer didn't have a high enough priority, and it got bumped to listen to these guys prattle on about how the 922 was going to end starvation in Africa and then cook me breakfast, for a fee that Charlie will negotiate later. I fixed the priority list, but I missed Heroes, and I'm almost pissed about that (thank you, NBC.com).

I understand that the giveaways and interactive nature of CC/TF require a live feed, and I'm fine with that, but I don't watch anything live, let alone this over-compressed SD feed with smeared picture and hissy sound. If they've already chopped my DVR's hard drive into sections that I can't manage or access, why don't they just put CC and TF broadcasts in the same section as those 4-minute TV clips for upcoming TV shows and those 1080P movies that I'm NOT GOING TO PAY $8 FOR?

In the mean time, I'm going to delete my manual timer that does Channel 101 at 8PM on Monday nights. I'm going to replace it with a timer for Channel 101 and looks for events called "Rebroadcast." Think that'll work?

It is always rebroadcast the same night i think @10pm, midnight, 2am etc. plus during the next few days. I never record it @ 8pm, i always record one of the later ones. Dont set your timer for new. Pick one of the later ones and make a single recording.
Plus it isnt every monday night.

I have a timer every Monday because either CC or TF run at the same time slot, and I usually just delete the events that aren't CC or TF after they've been recorded. Since the guide only looks ahead about 10 days, I can't create a name-based timer for either event, nor can I create a timer for non-premiere events because they add "rebroadcast" to the end of the names. I'm just really frustrated by the low-tech nature and poor quality of Dish's in-house programming. And the ugly user interfaces.

Heroes episodes are available for viewing online the day after they air. Sometimes hours after they air. The video quality when watching on my DSL connection is very good. www.hulu.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts