Dish in "My" RV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tomboy257

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Here & Now
I'm a snowbird that subscribes to Dish. I use a Dish1000 mounted on a tripod when at my destination. While on the road I use my Winegard crank-up dish and usually aim for the Nimiq5. This is the first time I've had a problem that I didn't think I could fix and wonder--why is it such a problem to get a tech to come out to an RV park?

The problem finally resolved itself which worries me a little, (but I'll wait and see if it happens again). Even though my guide is back to showing both HD and SD channels I think I'll wait til I get back home to call about that.

And why did customer service get all excited when I told them the "check switch" function was doing 38 checks?

38 checks is a very old dish, a DP. That is probably what your crank up dish is.

Your tripod is probably a DPP 1000.2.

Dish does not make service calls on vehicles. That is it. You can't get a service plan with an RV.

You just need the skill sets and tools to support yourself with a vehicle based dish.

38 checks is pre-DP. If you have DP equipment or newer (98% of customers) and you see 38 checks, it means the receiver doesn't detect the dish at all and is now checking for presence of a legacy dish.

Dish coax transponder signal formats in order of introduction date; legacy (original), DP, DPP/DP+, DPX (Hopper), DPZ (Hopper3).

Our manual crank up RV roof dish has a single legacy LNBF, and we do see the 38 step check when we use it as expected. Our portable tripod mounted dish is a 1000.4 with switchable EA and WA LNBF's, and does the normal DPP 4 step check. I installed an A/B switch for selecting which one is connected to the receiver. The only time I see the 38 step check come up after setting up the 1000.4 is when I forget to flip the switch. :rolleyes::biggrin

When I had a Winegard AS-2003 (single DP LNBF), I would get the to 38 tests. So the OP might be okay, wiring wise, and he just had a CSR who hasn't had to deal with a Legacy dish.

Finally was able to get a tech out to the RV. It turns out (kinda what I suspected in the first place) that my 222 was bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)