DISH in owner's apartment of an inn

Lt Disher

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2009
Iowa
Will DISH allow installation in the owner's apartment of an inn (bed and breakfast)? The rest of the inn is served by Time Warner. The DISH would be for the private use of the innkeepers. It is not cost efficient to convert the entire inn to DISH. I know they could just call and inquire, but wanted to get any info from the forum that might be helpful before asking DISH.

Why don't you PM a DIRT team member? I'm sure that the answer is going to be that it is a commercial establishment so it's going to need to be a commercial account.

Seems self explanatory to me, pvt viewing in pvt quarters/apt would be residential imo & if I were the retailer or sales person I would sign them up that way.

Why don't you PM a DIRT team member? I'm sure that the answer is going to be that it is a commercial establishment so it's going to need to be a commercial account.

Seems self explanatory to me, pvt viewing in pvt quarters/apt would be residential imo & if I were the retailer or sales person I would sign them up that way.

You see, different views..... That's why I suggested a PM to DIRT to get the Dish view, which is the only one that counts.

You see, different views..... That's why I suggested a PM to DIRT to get the Dish view, which is the only one that counts.

Yes, I guess that is the thing to do. I was just wondering if others have gone though this before. Thanks.

You could check with a local retailer, they are authorized to represent dish also.

If the zoning is mixed use, then Dish may well allow it. If it's only a commercial zone they very well may not. College kids renting a (legal) apartment above a flower shop were denied because the building is in a Commercial only zone. The apartment is legal because it pre-dates zoning (grandfathered) but that's not how it appears in records. (College kids were interning with our department) They ended up getting Charter who did see it as a private account. I suppose had a dish installer come out perhaps he could have made it happen, that I don't know. This situation isn't that rare so I have to think Dish has a process for this, whatever that is they didn't allow a private account at that rental unit.

Yes, its allowed, as long as its considered your private residence.

Just don't put the system in a place where it can be shown to guests, and your fine.

The only time your going to be told no, is if you get a lazy installer who will try to claim its commercial because they don't want to do the Job because it involves a little more effort on their part to install.

Yes, its allowed, as long as its considered your private residence.

Just don't put the system in a place where it can be shown to guests, and your fine.

The only time your going to be told no, is if you get a lazy installer who will try to claim its commercial because they don't want to do the Job because it involves a little more effort on their part to install.

Thank you Claude and all the others who responded. They will contact a local installer after the Hopper is released.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts