Dish in Puerto Rico!!!

juce

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
Bayamon, PR
:mad: I must say that all CONUS Dish clients are priiledged!

I live in Puerto Rico, moved here about 4 years ago because of work. Now I miss Florida. ;)

Dish is discriminating to folks here in PR. I have 4-foot dish pointed at 119 and have AT100, a PVR-510, and a 311.

I called to upgrade to HDTV, and Dish said that I can only go through the dealers for this. :confused: I called the dealer and they want $499 for an 811 receiver and $399 to install a 5-foot dish to receive the 110, and 2 DP-21s, for the setup. :shocked

Do I really need to pay $898 just to get HD with Dish? :( When others in the states pay $5 lease on 811 and use a dish-500 dish???? :mad:

Does anyone have experience with Puerto Rico installations? Can I get the 5-foot dish myself? Would a 4-foot dish with a dual DP LNBF work? My house is on top of a mountain and clear line of sight all around. I also have a 4-foot DTV dish sitting in my roof. Can this help?

If I really must install the 5-footer ( :no ) , would I use the 2 DP-21 switches connected from the two separate dish antennas:

110 Dish ---> DP21 #1
119 Dish ---> DP21 #1
110 Dish ---> DP21 #2
119 Dish ---> DP21 #2
Receiver #1 to DP21 #1
Receiver #2 to DP21 #2

I understand that the LNBF has two outputs...

Any help is appeciated! :no

Thanks! :D

Great when I get home I will send U the number of a good contact in PR in your area. For your set-up U will need @ least 2 4 foot dishes with Dual Outputs LNBF and 2 SW-21.

110 Dish ---> DP21 #1
119 Dish ---> DP21 #1
110 Dish ---> DP21 #2
119 Dish ---> DP21 #2
Receiver #1 to DP21 #1
Receiver #2 to DP21 #2

Is the correct way to install. I would do the install myself. Try to get an used dish. Of course, remember the bigger the dish the better the reception.

Hello Juce!

A friend of mine got the locals offer with a 4 footer looking at 110 for $160... Two switches included (for two 301's) If you're interested, let me know and I'll get the number for you...

Skytenna (787-258-1415, Caguas) installed me a 5 footer (sat 119) for an extra $100 but mine was a new installation then... You might want to give them a call...

Would this include existing customers? Most retailers don't like to do business with an "existing" customer. If I can get a 5 footer for a good price I'll install it myself and the sw21 are cheap on the net... Just that I have not seen 5-foot dish anywhere online, and $399 installed is vulgar to say the least.

Thanks!

I just bought an 811 for an amazin price from korsjs! Thanks! :D That is half the battle! :smug

Now I have to find a 5-foot dish in Puerto Rico for a reasonable price... :confused:

This forum is a great thing. Makes one glad to look around first. :cool:

Thanks and hope anyone can help. :rolleyes:

I you want to install it your self yo can call Today Satellite and buy a 5' dish for 189.00 + the cost of the lnbf and buy the switch in EBay.

That's what i did.

Even though the 5 footer will work for 110 i will recommend a 6 footer better. When it rains you are going to loose 110 quite fast.

I got a 2 DP21 switches, brand new, with DOA warranty from ebay for $35.

If wallacezepp is right, and I can get a 5 or 6 foot for under $200 and do the install myself, then mission accomplished!

"I love it when a plan comes togheter" -Hanibal

Do I need for the LNBFs to be DishPro as well? I wonder if dish installed legacy for my current five footer. I do have all DP equipment with a dual LNBF, no switch necessary, but not sure if it is DishPro...

I just called a retailer and they have a 5-footer for $180!!!! In stock and ready to go hometo papa!!!

I still need to buy the LNBF so the question still stands, do I need a DishPro type LNBF or can a regular run-of-the-mill cheap LNBF do the trick?

Thanks to all!!!!

If your existing one is DishPro, then you would need a DishPro LNB for the new one...and since you got 2 DP21's, it HAS to be DishPro

Actually I meant to ask if anyone had a link to the usuall Dish Pointing 101 website that would tell me what I need to aim the dish for horizontal degrees and vertical elevation. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts