Dish Install in Apartment

sed8ing

Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Hey all,
I am new to this forum and am trying to figure out the best way to proceed. I want to get Dish Network but am having a tad bit of a landlord issue. They are making us sign an addendum to the lease saying that we cannot make any holes in the walls and we must remove the dish and all wires upon moving out and that we will incur all costs of any damage. With all of this in mind, it would seem that I would be best served by having the install done with a flat cable to run under the door and to have the dish mounted on the roof (one story apartment building) without drilling holes in the roof (as I do not want to be charged for the cost to fix the entire roof.

Does anybody know if the installers that Dish contracts out to will come with the supplies to do all of this? Can I speak to the installers before hand and assess the other possibilities?
Any advice appreciated,
G

Most apartment buildings ( read modern made in the last 25 years ) have pitched roofs and I have only ever come across one aparment complex that allowed roof mounts. Bucket mounts are a bad idea wether there is a way to secure the bucket or not, the only way to really secure a bucket mount is by glueing it to the surface its standing on and that can be a nightmare when your trying to take it out when you move.

Most places now allow for a pole to be set in the ground next to the rental unit or a wall mount so look around your complex to see whats there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts