Dish install issues for Coolsat 8000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

markis13446

Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Dish install issues for Coolsat 8000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I just installed:
- Coolsat 8000
- Invacom Quad Polar Legacy 4 O/P LNB QPG-031
- SG-2100 motor
- 33" dish

My setting are:

Transponder 12355H 20000 Auto
LNB Power 13/18V
LNB Type Standard
22KHz Off
Switch Type Motor
Moter Adjust Motor
Legacy SW Off

I can't get any signal, can't find any satellites. Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting? The motor has power and moves fine and everything is level.

The top bar alternates between 69% to 99%
The bottom bar shows 0%

Thanks in advance...

What's your city/state, or zip code?
You need that to determine what satellite is due south of you.
What satellites are you looking to locate?

Did you take a look at the motor manual?

Oh, and could you check that Invacom number, please?

What's your city/state, or zip code?
You need that to determine what satellite is due south of you.
What satellites are you looking to locate?

Did you take a look at the motor manual?

Oh, and could you check that Invacom number, please?

Thanks for the reply,

I am Edmonton, Alberta. Checked the motor manual, but it doesnt say anything about Coolsat 8000 settings. Oh and you're right, the Invacom is QPH-031.

The motor manual says aim the dish true south. I'm lost after that :(

Should I reset the motor and start over?

Here is one of several good sat calculators
Put in your country, province, and city
http://www.geosatfinder.com/

It'll tell you which is your south sat for setup
The manual for your motor should have additional info for motor setup.
There's additional calculators and detailed motor-install info on the .Sadoun. site.

This receiver setup guide might be helpful.

For the most simple setup, connect a coax from one of the LNB L outputs to your motor, and another coax from the motor to the Coolsat LNB connector.
(making sure you use the proper connections on the motor, of course)
Make sure the LO (local oscillator frequency) in the Coolsat setup is set to 10750 for that LNB, if it wasn't already.

Later, you might want to add a low-cost diseqc switch to allow selection of linear satellites or circular satellites (the L or C outputs from your nice LNB).
But for now, and since you didn't say you had a switch, just get it going on the linear birds.

Last edited:
So I removed my switch, plugged directly into the Motor, motor still runs fine, set my long./lat. for Edmonton, set to USALS, change switch type, aimed at the suggested satellites and still nothing on the bottom bar... :(

I still get between 70-99 on the top bar. The pole looks plumb, but I can try that again. Any other ideas?

Are you using the C (circular) or the L (linear) side of the QPH031. If it's the C side, the L.O. needs to be set at 11250 (used mainly for DBS satellites), if it's the L side, the L.O. should be set to 10750 (used mainly for FTA ku satellites). To use both, you will need a Diseqc switch with one going to port 1 and the other to port 2, and then set the correct ports in the menu on the receiver, for the correct satellite. The frequency you gave in your original post, was for a DBS frequency. What satellite are you aiming for?

Al

I tried several, right now we can't find anything .

- 101 W° - AdventistSat - AMC 4

But can't get anything. What are the chances that we have a bad LNB?

I tried several, right now we can't find anything .

- 101 W° - AdventistSat - AMC 4

But can't get anything. What are the chances that we have a bad LNB?
Almost never. Usually its an aiming or tweaking issue. Are you sure your receiver is tuned to an active transponder (not just the first on the list?)

Almost never. Usually its an aiming or tweaking issue. Are you sure your receiver is tuned to an active transponder (not just the first on the list?)

We've tried several, I even tried plugging in a neighbour's BEV box and tried aiming at the BEV satellite. Nothing, doesn't even register any signal at all.

Tried my Coolsat at his house and it picks up the BEV satellite, NIMIQ 82/91.

Just wanted to close on this.

Dish was not pointed right (as everyone suspected). Lesson: don't go by the markings on the dish. Mine was close to 10% off.

I have the same exact problem as Tron.....I even used a satellite finder and it indicated a very strong signal....but still nothing on the receiver.....could it be a Coolsat 8000 firmware issue???

I have the same exact problem as Tron.....I even used a satellite finder and it indicated a very strong signal....but still nothing on the receiver.....could it be a Coolsat 8000 firmware issue???

It was Markis that was having trouble with the receiver... Have you tried to take the receiver and a small TV out to the dish to tweak your setup? I find that works much better than any meter. What kind of LNB are you using, which satellite are you trying to hit, and what are your receiver settings?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts