Dish install that went wrong!

I'm wondering how someone in Georgia hooked up with Claude and his company to sign up with Dish. Maybe someone in this family is a member here...

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but are you confusing this with Macon, Ga.??

This incident happened in Macomb, Michigan.

There were a lot of things that the installer did wrong here.

First - I'm sorry, but it's plain stupid to drill next to the main electrical line. Anything after that can be killed by the breakers, but don't risk it so close to the main line. 1 millimeter? That's like the thickness of a fingernail. I bet the installer was trying to run it right alongside, but come on, that's just plain stupid. He obviously knew it was there.

Now, the second stupid thing is to try and cover it up. Notify the homeowner immediately. Get someone else either helping, or get the people out of the house in case something else starts to burn rapidly. Then make sure the fire department is called. Chances are damage would have been minimal if this was reported correctly.

Because water doesn't do a thing on an electrical fire. A type ABC fire extinguisher needs to be used. If it's a small fire and no ABC extinguisher is present, try throwing baking soda on it.

Using water was absolutely useless. It won't stop an electrical fire. In that 10 minutes though, the fire dept. could have been there and had the entire thing out before it spread.

It's common sense, people...

agree with everything here

But noticed this part and John Doe, a trainee
Want to bet who drilled the hole
I wonder how long before John Doe, the trainee
told the installer what he did I can just see John saying **** this I'm out of here And not being there for the police report this being listed as John Doe
I also wonder just how much damage would of been
done if they would of pulled the meter first Had to be right there
It's common sense, people...

Yea, thats me they named in this lawsuit but I have yet to be served!

My company is in no way involved with this customer what so ever! We didn't set up the customers installation, nor did my company take any part in the installation.

The issue here is that since we are the largest dealer in Michigan, we are pretty easy to find when looking for DISH Network in the Detroit area.

The lawyers go after anyone who they believe have deep pockets to pay.

Im working on getting this starightened around right now with the lawyers before I get served.

You hope they do. Some DIY's can come up with some creative comptraptions and do something quite giddy. :rolleyes: :eureka

Let me tell you. I work for Lowes in the plumbing dept. All day long I deal with people trying to jerry-rig things together. Sometimes we just have to walk away from customers cause what they are trying to do is just plain stupid and they wont listen to reason. And some people just should not be allowed to own tools period. I'm amazed there aren't more houses flooding or burning down.

Who cares if you get served ? If you had nothing to do with the order, they can't prove you're involved.

Not true......

When served, you MUST reply......

Otherwise, the court may rule against tou in abstensia.

Claude is right, again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts