Dish installation--2 dishes?? 1 for HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MrsJerseyJets

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
Hey everyone,

I'm new here, and because of a lot of you have just switched over to Dish Network from DirecTV (I've had enough of their BS)...my question is this. We live in a townhome and cannot have the dish attached to the house at all (per association rules), so with DirecTV they had the dish on a 3 ft pole outside the house. With the new Dish service, they told me we will need 2 dishes--can these be installed on top of one another on the same pole or will they have to be done separate? Plus the ground is frozen here (thanks to a nice winter storm we're in the middle of) so putting another pole up would not be easy (and I don't know if the association would like that).

Anyone know how this is handled? Thanks!

If they told you that you will have 2 dishs, one will be for 110/119 and one will be for 61.5. Most of the dish HD programming is on 61.5 and 129. If you live in an area that gets a signal from 129, you could get by with a single dish as the dish 1000 gets all three. The signal on 61.5 is stronger and you would be more pleased with the reception from this satillite, but it will require a second dish.

It can be stacked on a single pole, but this is not the route that is normally used. I expect the installer will attempt to place a second pole for the 61.5 dish.

Or you could try for a Dish 1000.2. They are slightly larger and get much better reception for the 129 bird than the regular D1000's.

129 in not viewable from NJ (if thats where the Original Poster is located), so the two dishes are needed. A clever installer should be able to mount both on a single pole, won't look pretty though. But do they ever?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)