Dish installer damaged my roof!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

doctorwizz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
nowhere
I just noticed that the dish installer damaged some roof shingles with his ladder. WTF? Why didn't he tell me? I am sure he must have known. I just had this whole roof replaced a few years ago. Will dish pay for this damage to be repaired? I paid a lot of money for this roof and now shingles are broken. I can't take a pic right now. It is pouring rain.

Called dish. Rep was in Mexico. He can see my whole SSN. I don't like that. My credit is frozen with all 3 credit agencies so if it got leaked, no one can open accounts or anything. He transfered me to damage claim. The installer's supervisor will come and check it out. He is supposed to contact me within 2 days.

Last edited:
I just had this whole roof replaced a few years ago.

I just had this whole roof replaced .................................................a few years ago

How long ago did they do the install?

So five or so ( 5-6) weeks ago.... I probably would not pay damages if I was the installer unless the person who installed it said he damaged it.

They are going to pay. Maybe the dumbshit didn't know he damaged it. Either way they will pay for reapiir.

Usually when I have someone do any type of install work, I usually watch them. I know as an IT tech that kinda annoys me when someone is standing over my shoulder while i'm working, but I watch what they do so if something happens I can point it out right then and there isn't a few days/weeks later I notice it. I guess that's why I've gotten more tolerant to people standing over my shoulder while I work.

Pictures will help your case. Also, start looking for shingle information so that whoever does the repair knows what shingles to get. I'd say if it's with 90 days, it's within a reasonable amount of time. But usually they have you sign off that you inspected all areas of the install and are pleased...

It may well be that all the CSR, no matter what country they are in, can see is the last 4 of of your SS number......

Call your insurance agent and get them to assign an adjuster for representing you and your insurance company, that's part of what you pay for. Your insurance company is going to have a lot of pull in getting the repairs reimbursed as they have an interest in protecting the structure too.

The best thing you can do is take some pictures to have proof that damage was done. You may want to find out what company actually did the service work so they can confront the technician. Five weeks is a bit long but I would say it's still within a reasonable time frame for them to claim responsibility.

I'm curious as to what kind of damage he was able to do to your roof?

The best thing you can do is take some pictures to have proof that damage was done. You may want to find out what company actually did the service work so they can confront the technician. Five weeks is a bit long but I would say it's still within a reasonable time frame for them to claim responsibility.

I'm curious as to what kind of damage he was able to do to your roof?

It is a little long, and I am talking from experience in a case about damage. I also recommend taking pictures of the whole roof, showing there is no damage anywhere else.

We had a customer about 6 years ago accuse us of ruining their roof. They were going to sue us if we didn't pay for repairs. We looked up the account and found out we did the install a couple years before and the roof was already in bad shape. We went and took pictures of our install and you could clearly see that everything was done correctly and all penetrations were sealed. The area around the dish seemed to be about the only area that didn't rot away from water damage. Once we showed them the proof and didn't give in they no longer bothered us anymore.

His super will come by and take pics. The shingles overlap the edge of the roof on the sides of the roof. Gutters are in the front. Where he put the ladder on the side, the shingles broke. Still not sure he did a good install. He used a mount from an old DTV dish that was installed in 2004. And used the part of the wire from that dish cause he couldn't figure out how to get the wire inside the house.

His super will come by and take pics. The shingles overlap the edge of the roof on the sides of the roof. Gutters are in the front. Where he put the ladder on the side, the shingles broke. Still not sure he did a good install. He used a mount from an old DTV dish that was installed in 2004. And used the part of the wire from that dish cause he couldn't figure out how to get the wire inside the house.

LOL, wow, sounds like your roof was decimated! Make sure you don't drowned with the deluge of water flowing into your home!

That's like a $20 fix, should take about 15 minutes for someone who knows roofing. Worst case $100, if you hire a roofer at full price.

If I were the supervisor, I'd make the tech roll back to do the repair. Depending on the customer.

LOL, wow, sounds like your roof was decimated! Make sure you don't drowned with the deluge of water flowing into your home!

That's like a $20 fix, should take about 15 minutes for someone who knows roofing. Worst case $100, if you hire a roofer at full price.

If I were the supervisor, I'd make the tech roll back to do the repair. Depending on the customer.

I agree ... sounds like OP is freaking out for nothing ... maybe one shingle width max.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)