dish installer gave me the scoop about hd

ediemash

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
lakeland,florida
got my 2nd installed today, installer told me he just got back from dish convention in tennessee and they told them that everyone in getting new hd receivers, everyone is going hd, starting immediately and suppose to be through by next year at no cost to us, not 1 dime, freeeeee.

and in next 4 years gonna double all technology and so forth.

everyone will be changed out across the board. and everyone will have just 1 dish the will be no more 2 dishes!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Your installer gave you a bunch of half truths and misinformation. Most of it has already been reported in the Team Summit threads.

2 dish solutions won't go away for a very long time, now 1 dish solution for nat'l channels including HD's etc. yes, but not all the locals etc. Too many markets not enough space. I think I need some of that stuff too :cool:

Well with MPEG4 and things that will come out in the future you will only need one dish. Plus Satellite Companys will need less Satellites up in space to push more channels and so on. So yes the does make sense now about the 411 receivers being free at no cost I dont know. But everything else sounds about write due to the way MPEG4 works and so on. :)

Poke, I'm starting to think you just have an "extended" signature...
MPEG4... "you will only need one dish"... "less satellites"... 411...
It's like déjà vu all over again. :)

one dish.. HA! They'll be lucky to squeeze everything into a 4 sat solution.

Unless that one dish would be a super duper dish.. 110 119 121 129

ediemash said:
got my 2nd installed today, installer told me he just got back from dish convention in tennessee and they told them that everyone in getting new hd receivers, everyone is going hd, starting immediately and suppose to be through by next year at no cost to us, not 1 dime, freeeeee.

and in next 4 years gonna double all technology and so forth.

everyone will be changed out across the board. and everyone will have just 1 dish the will be no more 2 dishes!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Have you ever noticed that when some people go to parties they get drunk?

Poke said:
Well with MPEG4 and things that will come out in the future you will only need one dish. Plus Satellite Companys will need less Satellites up in space to push more channels and so on. So yes the does make sense now about the 411 receivers being free at no cost I dont know. But everything else sounds about write due to the way MPEG4 works and so on. :)
If this were true Dish Network would not have paid millions to buy Voom. They would have waited on the MPEG4 technology to let them transmit more on there current satellites. They would have let Voom go out of business and picked up the channels on current satellites. This is not happening though which is why the bought Voom to get the satellite space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts