Dish Installers Hit or Miss

mpg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
Had installer come to upgrade 211s to 2 VIP 722, I had existing cables tech was thinking he was slick and pocketed the HDMI and the DVI adapter that comes with the units.

I wanted to punch a hole thorugh his skull but figured it's not worth it, I'll just post here and let the world know. In Spring Hill, FL you best keep your eyes open. :mad: I rellay wish E* would have just dropshipped the boxes.

dns techs does not get hdmi cable per box, the warehouse gives them out as 20 to 25 at time.... how do you know he try to pocket it....was he dns ?

no hdmi cables with 722

i am pretty sure you have to provide your own hdmi cable,how ever they will provide you with a componet video cable.

The 722 Dish shipped to me had component and HDMI cables as well as a DVI adapter. However, from what I've seen posted it doesn't appear that they are provided for the units shipped to installers. :confused:
Ed

When Dish shipped my 211 to me it came with a HDMI cable that has a joint in the middle for a DVI connector.

My 622 came with only composite cables

Shipping is one thing but if it comes with the installer thats a diferent story, unless the OP actually saw the cable and adapter then he's either guessing or trying to start a flame thread.

Had installer come to upgrade 211s to 2 VIP 722, I had existing cables tech was thinking he was slick and pocketed the HDMI and the DVI adapter that comes with the units.

I wanted to punch a hole thorugh his skull but figured it's not worth it, I'll just post here and let the world know. In Spring Hill, FL you best keep your eyes open. :mad: I rellay wish E* would have just dropshipped the boxes.

Good thing you didn't jump to any conclusions and assume the tech stole any cables. :rolleyes:

In the future I recommend researching things and actually...*gasp*:eek:...find out what types of cables come with the 722 receivers.

Congrats for making an ass out of yourself.

Most customers prefer I use their HDMI over the ones Dish provides. I save those for other jobs considering that we frequently don't have them in supply.

As far as component cables, hell's bells, we'll never run out of those.

You would have had a complaint if he had installed Dish's HDMI and taken your HDMI.

Way to slander your installer.:up

like i said before the tech got the HDMI Cable from the van, and than he saw the customer already had HDMi. he was just gone take the cable and put it back in the van for the next install.

FYI....all the hd reciever we get from the warehouse does not have hdmi cable inside the box....the warehouse gives us 2 hdmi cable per box or sometimes box of 20 at time.

:mad:

At our dns we get ONE cable per box, if you are lucky enough to have them in stock. And they do not give them to us with the box, we have to go and ask everytime for a cable.

at my office on top of that they need to see the work order. to verify you do need one

at my office on top of that they need to see the work order. to verify you do need one

we have small dns office, total of 7 to 8 tech per shift. and its like family, the warehouse personnel usally trust most of the senior techs. i usally get box of 20. so i dont have to keep asking them.

Dude, just shut up. You're not gonna punch anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
My retailers supply the HDMI cables. They're just the cheapos that RS&I carries. They usually charge $15 for them but sometimes will eat them. I carry MONSTER cables and present the customer with a choice. They choose the MONSTER quite often.

My retailers supply the HDMI cables. They're just the cheapos that RS&I carries. They usually charge $15 for them but sometimes will eat them. I carry MONSTER cables and present the customer with a choice. They choose the MONSTER quite often.

And why should they, there is absolutely NO difference as it is a digital signal either it works or it doesn't. Monster cables are a lot of Hype with absolutely no substance. A $5 cable will work just as well, a fact not conjecture or opinion.

And why should they, there is absolutely NO difference as it is a digital signal either it works or it doesn't. Monster cables are a lot of Hype with absolutely no substance. A $5 cable will work just as well, a fact not conjecture or opinion.

There's already been a long discussion about this. I usually show them the difference by hooking the two up and letting them compare. On a cheap Vizio it doesn't make much difference, but on the higher end TVs it does. Monster has a higher rated throughput that exceeds the HDMI 1.3 standard. It's less important on 1080i which is bottom of the barrel for real HD, but its very important for Blu-Ray, PS3, computer gamer setups, etc.

Furthermore, stating that digital signals are an all or nothing condition is just foolish.

Mosters are overpriced and do absolutely nothing more. Digital signals are not all or nothing, true, but that doesn't mean a more expensive cable will look better.

Any customer who chooses Monster is foolish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts