DISH Introduces Flex Pack

Yes that's how it works anyway. The new card won't change your programming, it is meant to allow you to change to the Flex Pack if you want to and any other updates to security etc it has. Just contact DIRT or call DISH, tell them you might want the Flex Package and you need the new smart card to try it.
Did you already check to see if you need the new card? (not everyone does)

New Card:

With my new job, it keeps me out of town for about 2 months at a time while the family is at home. Wife watches her shows, I record mine and watch when I want over Sling. Before I commit to changing, is there a way I can call Dish to just send me the new card so I can swap it out when I'm home over the labor day week to test everything to make sure it's working.

Then once the new card is in, I can go online and make the pack changes?

Thanks...
I requested my card just after the new plan was officially live. It was overnighted to me and I still haven't installed it yet. Planning on transferring more content to my EHD just in case something goes awry with my 5-year-old 722. Smart Pack + Heartland is doing well for me so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
New Card:

With my new job, it keeps me out of town for about 2 months at a time while the family is at home. Wife watches her shows, I record mine and watch when I want over Sling. Before I commit to changing, is there a way I can call Dish to just send me the new card so I can swap it out when I'm home over the labor day week to test everything to make sure it's working.

Then once the new card is in, I can go online and make the pack changes?

Thanks...

You should be able to do that, if I understand correctly.

Just call Dish and swap cards.

Since you didn't have all G4 cards on your account, the Flex pack may not show up online right away. When I looked online it didn't show up until I switched cards.

Then you could just call again or chat and I'm sure you can make any changes.

I've had the Flex pack for a week now and I like it a lot!

is there a way I can call Dish to just send me the new card
Yes - there's no automated system that knows a new card is being sent and once inserted/activated, it automatically switches your programming package. Just ask for the new card and tell them why. You're under no commitment to switch to Flex or even if you do, nothing stopping you from switching out of it a day later or a year later.

I give up because it will go on forever. Another thread derailed. I was candid and said I was wrong but you continue to say I am wrong now when it is you who is wrong. That post was with the $5 mistake I made, nowhere did I say it was the DISH $39.99 offer in fact I was clear it wasn't.
"A new or old subscriber can get the Flex Pack for $29.99 they do not have to get the add on pack. When it first came out before when getting a Hopper it showed and added $15 for Hopper but $24.99 for the package for new subscribers. ($34.99) Now it is $29.99 for the package and $10 for the Hopper ($34.99) instead of $15 for the Hopper- Same extra $5 savings but correctly attributes it to the Hopper DVR savings."
DIRT was unable to help, so I called the Loyalty Department and I was able to get the Flex Pack deal for $24.99 per month. (plus the $0.03 per month FCC fee, total $25.02) I think that includes the temporary $5 per month credit I was already getting, which I was not required to give up, despite previous reports to the contrary. My bill will be available tomorrow, so I will know for sure then.

Reactions: Tampa8
Getting Flex Pack and the Renewal Offer are two completely separate issues and qualifications. You may be eligible for one or the other, both, or neither, depending on the qualifications.
I asked Laila S. but perhaps you can elaborate: what is the difference between the Renewal Offer and the offer I got, which includes the $5 per month credit for 24 months with autopay?

Ebill/Autopay Savings Offer works in conjunction with the Renewal Offer, or can be offered when moving to Flex Pack. Looks like in your case it was offered as a part of moving to Flex Pack, which DIRT can offer/add.

I am assuming after your renewal credits are over you can get the two year agreement including autopay discount for $29.99 and locked pricing it that isn't what you have now. If you are unsure why not have RandallW check to see exactly what you have now.

DIRT was unable to help, so I called the Loyalty Department and I was able to get the Flex Pack deal for $24.99 per month. (plus the $0.03 per month FCC fee, total $25.02) I think that includes the temporary $5 per month credit I was already getting, which I was not required to give up, despite previous reports to the contrary. My bill will be available tomorrow, so I will know for sure then.

So now we have the answer, you could not keep those credits and get the two year offer at the same time so the reports were correct at least for certain credits. But unless they pull the deal you are getting a good deal, using your credits now then able to get the two year contract/price freeze/auto pay discount.

Read post number 490. Apparently, the offer does not include locked pricing, or require a contract (post 492).

Nope I believe you are still confusing two different things like DIRT said. Your current Flex package does not require a contract or qualify for the price feeze etc because you can't get one with the present credits you have. When your credits are finished the Flex package should be offered to you with the two year contract.

Nope I believe you are still confusing two different things like DIRT said. Your current Flex package does not require a contract or qualify for the price feeze etc because you can't get one with the present credits you have. When your credits are finished the Flex package should be offered to you with the two year contract.
Okay. The Loyalty agent I spoke with made it sound like they were signing me up for a contract right away. Glad we got that straightened out. :)

Reactions: Tampa8
Okay. The Loyalty agent I spoke with made it sound like they were signing me up for a contract right away. Glad we got that straightened out. :)

:)
It's all new I think that's why the confusion. Existing subscribers before now were not allowed to get new subscriber promotions but now things like prior credits come into play. DISH doing this way is actually good for you, however much time you have credits for you will be paying $24.99 then you can add two more years in a guaranteed contract with autopay for $29.99

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)