DISH Introduces My Tech

The biggest problem I have with this is the gps location and a picture of the tech. The are too many freaks out there and they're not excluded from dish.
If it updated you and said your tech is 20 mins away etc that would be ok. People do not need to know the exact location of the tech, only the time in which he or she will arrive.
As far as sending a picture of the tech that is a horrible idea. As long as you know the time the tech is arriving and he or she has the proper id/badge there is absolutely no need for a customer to have a picture of the tech. Next thing you know the techs picture will appear all over the internet on review sites, social media, etc.
Dish did not invent this. National windshield replacement companies are already doing the picture of the tech thing.

Those are my exact concerns. Customer service are instructed not to give last name unless they want to freely for safety purposes. I got one death threat a week minimum as a supervisor from irate customers. Techs are local, CS can be anywhere in the country. This could turn ugly for Dish if they experience a single problem from a nut case.

So Im supposed to accept a person into my home I know nothing about except that he works for a large corporation in another state, yet I cant see a picture or GPS location of them? All the while they have ALL my info... The tech's call now from a cell, I mean if I wanted to harass them I can just call the phone.

Some drama queen anti change posting going on in this thread. Plus this is exactly how Uber works which I have used a lot. You get a pic of the driver, the first name and an image of their car. It works fine.

I also think this help when you get a sub contractor who shows up in a beater, no company shirt, with a ladder hanging off the side. I am supposed to let his guy into my house without knowing anything about them?

Reactions: david_jr
If you are calling the tech out yes, you should have the information of the past. There is no reason to know his location currently. A picture of his vehicle would be enough, but no reason to have a picture of him. If everyone was reasonable, that would be fine, but there are serious nut cases out there that would use that information maliciously, and that cannot be denied. All it will take is a single incident to happen, for Dish to get sued big time by the tech or family depending on the situation. If you don't trust the tech at your door, have him wait outside while you call the company and verify his identification. Simple.

Reactions: dishcomm
I know the feeling. The "No signal" message drives me crazy.

A matter of fact, we refuse to roll on service with a "no signal" message unless we get payment in advance
Retailers can get by with that. Fulfillment contractors, not way.
I hated the 'no signal".....Two things.
One, the idea that the customer automatically assumed the issue was with the sat system....Two. the CSR in the call center was too stupid to ask the correct questions.

The biggest problem I have with this is the gps location and a picture of the tech. The are too many freaks out there and they're not excluded from dish.

If it updated you and said your tech is 20 mins away etc that would be ok. People do not need to know the exact location of the tech, only the time in which he or she will arrive.

As far as sending a picture of the tech that is a horrible idea. As long as you know the time the tech is arriving and he or she has the proper id/badge there is absolutely no need for a customer to have a picture of the tech. Next thing you know the techs picture will appear all over the internet on review sites, social media, etc.
Ya know. I never thought of that....Which reminds me. I saw a news report opn facial recognition technology. One item discussed was digital pics of a person that may have been wearing an ID with their name displayed.
The more I consider this, the more I think the photo thing is a very bad idea.
I can just see it now, Some Dish tech having their identity stolen by a customer. Or their life ruined by a pissed off customer.
Nah....This has "nothing good can come of this" written all over it.

Ya know. I never thought of that....Which reminds me. I saw a news report opn facial recognition technology. One item discussed was digital pics of a person that may have been wearing an ID with their name displayed.
The more I consider this, the more I think the photo thing is a very bad idea.
I can just see it now, Some Dish tech having their identity stolen by a customer. Or their life ruined by a pissed off customer.
Nah....This has "nothing good can come of this" written all over it.
If people weren't such a**holes, it wouldn't be an issue at all. But we are typically jerks in general(not all but enough to make it, as you put it, "nothing good can come of this".

Reactions: Bobby and TheKrell
So Im supposed to accept a person into my home I know nothing about except that he works for a large corporation in another state, yet I cant see a picture or GPS location of them? All the while they have ALL my info... The tech's call now from a cell, I mean if I wanted to harass them I can just call the phone.

Some drama queen anti change posting going on in this thread. Plus this is exactly how Uber works which I have used a lot. You get a pic of the driver, the first name and an image of their car. It works fine.

I also think this help when you get a sub contractor who shows up in a beater, no company shirt, with a ladder hanging off the side. I am supposed to let his guy into my house without knowing anything about them?
First issue. Those that signed up to work for Uber knew this was one of the terms of conditions of employment. Dish is changing the rules of the game in the 5th inning.
Second, this has nothing to do with being a 'drama queen"....
Everyone has a right to privacy. You as a customer have every right to privacy. The information listed on a work order is minimal. Name address and contact number. So what? We as consumers give out this kind of info and more to retailers, banks, lenders, etc on a daily basis.
I think this app should limit customer access to the ETA and the distance from the next stop.
We are getting too voyeuristic.

What have you been doing for all of your life? Accepting people/repair personnel into your home that you know nothing about. Who doesn't work for a large corporation in another state?

If your TV has been out for two days and your wife and three kids are all standing behind you 'mean mugging', then yes, you will let this unknown person in your house to fix your TV.

You having the guy's picture lets you know nothing about the tech, his background, nor his intent while he is at your house. What are you gonna say, "Uh, wait a minute buddy....your hair looks a little bit longer on the picture they sent me...that makes me think you're a threat." All employees and contractors for Dish are already background checked. And even at that, if someone wants to do something, then they will. I'm definitely for change that is beneficial. But Dish needs to get back to the basics that made it a good company. Affordable programming, a talented workforce, and competent management. Right now, my Dish bill is as high as it has ever been, the local office is staffed with 85% of the technicians with one year of experience or less, and we are on our 5th manager in 6 years. But woohoo!!!!! We've got a great app.

Reactions: dishcomm and Hall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts