DISH introduces new Business Package with ESPN

I'd be willing to bet that re-broadcast deals for residential service and commercial service are entirely unrelated. They could certainly agree to terms for one and not the other and they don't have to impact negotiations of the other.

No because the courts rules that indeed DISH did have to pay extra for the HD feeds. I dont see them back until October.

I wonder how many non forum sports fans will take note that ESPNU HD is missing again for yet another college football start. Not sure it matters to a huge crowd of subs, but I know it matters to me.

As already posted I have been to many public places even with big screen TV's that have SD ESPN. So that does not surprise me. I am wondering translating this to the residential side, has DISH agreed to pay more for HD and that will get passed on to us, because certainly there will not be an upcharge for Disney channels to the residential consumer to get them in HD beyond the package price. It does all appear like there has been an agreement made. Because of the Court ruling and the need to have at least some of the Disney channels including sports, I would have to think DISH agreed to pay more than it wanted to.

Yup. And that's all that counts. :D :D

But if you feel you can get them back quicker then be my guest. :D

Look at the quote, it wasnt about getting them back sooner, it was about "living without them"!

I just looked at the first 3 weeks of Sept, FS1 and ESPNU dont have much for me. Not having ESPNU in HD or FS1 in that time frame won't kill me, but I still want to see them in my guide :)

Dish has had two separate prices for ESPN SD and HD for their Business packages for a long time. The SD versions would be reasonable but they would charge a lot more for the HD version. Usually it depended on the bar's FOC number.

I forgot to ask, this new deal in post #1, when you say all HD channels included except for ESPN and ESPN2 HD (which are in their own tier), did that include ESPNUHD and ESPNews HD?