Dish is a big mess these days

Unfortunately, these continual increases aren't going to push subs to Direct or cable (who are also jacking up rates), but push them to cut the cord. Every year that options looks more and more interesting to me. :(

Unless your a sports fan.

I wouldn't call Dish a mess....but to say I'm pleased with them in 2014 would definitely be a huge stretch.$5 programming hike,nothing new added,WWE ppvs dropped,doesn't make it seem like such a great value anymore.A $2 heck maybe even a $3 increase would have been much easier to stomach,or more content added.Oh I almost forgot that they dropped AAD,and are now only offering TNA ppvs in sd.I really don't get what they are trying to do.It almost seems like they are trying to push customers into lower packages,or jump to Dtv.I'm not at the point of calling loyalty yet due to referral credits,but much more and I won't hesitate to make the call.

I thought that AAD went out of business. It is really hard to carry a channel which is NOT in business.

I am guessing you never used a cable card before.

Lots of issues there and most cable companies will not provision more than one cable card per account.
Cable cards could have been great if they ever released the two way cable card.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I thought that AAD went out of business. It is really hard to carry a channel which is NOT in business.

I agree with you. All these people complaining about Dish dropping ADD are like the ones who complained about Dish dropping the Speed channel. You can't get mad at a provider for losing a channel when that channel no longer exist.

lol Last I heard AAD was just a shell company for Dish,also Dish has the option of carrying distants for rv's,bottom line,less content more money.;)

lol Last I heard AAD was just a shell company for Dish,also Dish has the option of carrying distants for rv's,bottom line,less content more money.;)

No. AAD was not a shell company for Dish. So the courts said. Believe they were around in one form or another for years before carrying Distants using Dish boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I'm still not convinced they weren't a shell company,it's funny the company was right in Dish's backyard.Anyway,AAD dropped,why doesn't Dish add a replacement?

After you cut your cord can I borrow your cutter?
i am not ready yet but I am looking at Netflix et al, and I I have 2 $5/month credits with 17 months left to go. So I have time to be patient and research the alternatives.
i definitely don't like all the increases and have adjusted my bill to less than it was before the 2014 increase.

I'm still not convinced they weren't a shell company,it's funny the company was right in Dish's backyard.Anyway,AAD dropped,why doesn't Dish add a replacement?

AAD couldn't make a go of it, why would Dish be able to? Not enough customers to make the effort worthwhile.

From their site:

Why is All American Direct closing?

The need for our services has declined over the years since local markets have become available.

How can we receive distant network channels?

We know of no options at this time

How can I get my local channels?

Dish Network provides local channels to all markets in the United States
Please contact Dish Network at 1-800-333-dish.

What about using my Dish Network service while traveling in my RV?

Please contact Dish Network regarding this option at 1-800-333-DISH

More from this link:

All American Direct was originally founded in 1983 as nationwide C-Band satellite service provider and retailer National Programming Service, LLC. According to a company Web site, NPS continues to provide C-Band products and services and claims to be the largest C-Band programming provider in the U.S.

NPS first began offering C-Band programming in 1987 and first switched from selling large 7–12 foot-diameter C-Band dish antennae to providing small-dish services and equipment as DISH Network affiliate All American Dish in 2003. In 2006, All American Dish launched AllAmericanDirect.com, which "offer a wide variety of consumer electronic products, such as High Definition televisions, Sirius Satellite Radio, Verizon Wireless, High-Speed Internet, and other related products."

Not a shell company for Dish.

Charlie also started out in the c-band business.There has always been lots of speculation that they were in cahoots together.

Mike and Charlie were good friends and Mike was there when Charlie needed him, it was his ace in the hole. After the Networks beat Charlie, Charlie threw his middle fingers in the air and along came All American Direct. The Networks knew there was nothing they could do, All American Direct was licensed to provide distant networks. They had to give up that fight. Just another reason why the networks hate DISH.

DISH can not provide distant networks now since they offer locals in all markets.

Mike and Charlie were good friends and Mike was there when Charlie needed him, it was his ace in the hole. After the Networks beat Charlie, Charlie threw his middle fingers in the air and along came All American Direct. The Networks knew there was nothing they could do, All American Direct was licensed to provide distant networks. They had to give up that fight. Just another reason why the networks hate DISH.

DISH can not provide distant networks now since they offer locals in all markets.

That was one of Charlie's biggest deals ,when he flipped the bird to all the networks and still got to offer Distants through a partnership with another company, only available on DISH receivers & using DISH satellites.

BRILLIANT move Charlie. :D

I have been a dish customer for a long time. Most of the time I don't complain about price increases or added or removed channels. I am not keeping track of what HD channels are being added. I tired to find some compassion charts between Dish and Direct TV, but those were old and not reflecting current HD channels. I noticed lately that there were not many channels added in the past year or so, infect because of the various litigation between dish and programming providers some HD channels were removed. For starters, the very old litigation between Dish and ABC that removed ESPN News and Disney XD. It does looks like those would never be in HD anymore. I think Hallmark channel was HD at some point; FXM and both Movie Channels East and West listed HD, but broadcast in SD. Not sure why we got Fox Sports 2 not in HD. In fact I think the only HD channel that was actually added was Esquire Network, which I have not watched at all.

My Bill is $130

America's Top 250 79.99
DVR Service 12.00
Blockbuster@Home 10.00
Joey Receiver 7.00
Joey Receiver 7.00
Joey Receiver 7.00
Protection Plan 7.00
HD Free For Life (reg $10) 0.00

I was enjoying the Blockbuster DVD rental, but that was removed, instead I got couple of movie vouchers that expired already. I had to join Netflix DVD rental. I live in L.A., we did not get Lakers and not sure if we will, however Dish promotes itself as a sports leader.

Maybe I should start call and complain about price increases and no value to support the price increase.

Do you agree?

Well, that all changed today with the announced DISH/Disney agreement.

I am guessing you never used a cable card before. Lots of issues there and most cable companies will not provision more than one cable card per account. Cable cards could have been great if they ever released the two way cable card. Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I don't know what cable companies you've dealt with. But I currently am using two Tivo's, both with cable cards through Wide Open West, and I know for a fact that Comcast will authorize two cable cards (maybe more?) too. Go to the Tivo forums and you'll see more than few people there using more than one cable card for their Tivo's. You are right that cable cards should have been better. But the FCC also should have implemented a cable card type of plan with the satellite providers too. In the UK, people are able to use WMC with satellite, we should have been able to get that option here in the US.

Just got my TWC bill. They are going up also. Standard cable up $3, Primary bo:mad:DVR) up $1.25, additional boxed $1.75, Guide up $2.75 and a new broadcast fee of $2.25. So Dish's increase aren't that bad.

They charge for an on screen program guide....I would not have TWC if it were free. Such limited choices and horrible customer service.
Besides, it's a monopoly. And worse, it's gonna be gobbled up by Comcast.
At least with satellite, one can play one provider off the other.
There is leverage there. Not much but one has none with cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts