Dish is About to Lose Another One!!!

nickg420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 31, 2005
Flowery Branch, Ga
This is going to be the straw that breaks my back!!!!!

When I upgraded to the 211 on Feb 1st I pleaded with Dish not to send some tech out to install my reciever......But oh No!!!......They insisted there was no way around it!!!

So they scheduled Feb 12th which was yesterday, the tech came swapped out the recievers and went on his way......best upgrade I think I've ever had to deal with......or so I thought!!

Today my wife comes home to an empty box with instructions on how to ship back our old 811, so naturally I call Dish and ask WTF???

They inform me that I need to call back the tech and tell him to bring the reciever back so I can ship it to them......so I understandably go into this rant of how I pleaded to just send me the reciever and let me hook it up but you guys insisted on the tech and he did what I thought he was supposed to do which is "SWAP" out my reciever........So if figuring out that Dish is run by retards isn't enough they make sure that I understand if this tech doesn't still have the old 811 I will be charged for it, WHAT?!?!?!

So I'm really thinking of telling Dish to kiss my ass and go to Direct at least they have my Locals in HD even if they are HD-Lite it's better than the over compressed Anolog Upconverts Dish has me watch while they keep making unfufilled promises.......any suggestions?????

The rules regarding receiver exchanges have always been confusing for the customers and the techs. IF the tech is on the up and up, they will bring it back or let you pick it up. Otherwise, if they give you problems, call DNSC and report the receiver as stolen. Don't know how this would work or if dish keeps track of this in their database. Good luck!

I think you and whomever else this has happened to need to flood the echostar executive offices and the ceo mailbox. If the installer took it per Dish's instructions it should be in no way your responsibility for the customer to track down the installer to get the box back. What a total load of garbage. I left Dish about an year ago for cable since they were offering my locals + 2 addtional movie channels in HD. I was planning on coming back when Dish had a competitive offering but this whole HD MPEG2/4, upgrade issue fiasco has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Just call dish and tell them your system is not working. Just tell them you get no signal. They will send the tech back.

I know this is a bad way, but it will get that tech back to your house.

Just call the guy I am sure he will bring it back without any problems. Doing RA's for Dish are a pain.

I would call dish, have them look up the work order for that day, and ask them if there was a retreive receiver code on it. If there was, then the tech will be RA'ing the old receiver back to dish through his company. I suspect that that was the case and you got a trainee operator at dish who had no clue how it all works. In my experience, this is a major confusion issue to them. When we do a receiver swap or upgrade, we always retreive the receiver and send it back through our company to dish. Hope that helps.

I have to admit Dish suprised me today......The Tech was at my door before 9AM with my old reciever...

So I'll eat some old crow as I ship this thing out.....

nickg420 said:
I have to admit Dish suprised me today......The Tech was at my door before 9AM with my old reciever...

So I'll eat some old crow as I ship this thing out.....
Apparently, when he got back to the shop, someone told him he wasn't supposed to grab it.

Dave nye said:
Just call dish and tell them your system is not working. Just tell them you get no signal. They will send the tech back.

I know this is a bad way, but it will get that tech back to your house.

Just call the guy I am sure he will bring it back without any problems. Doing RA's for Dish are a pain.

it will get a **A** tech it may not be the SAME tech

With dish'in it up promotions techs are NOT EVER suppose to pick up the old recvrs

why you ask? i'm so glad you did ...

it goes back to THEIR office not "dish" their office may be a retailer , a sub contractor a regional service provider .....
you want DISH to get your recvr so we can show it was returned ... wheater it is leased and you are avoiding a non returned leased recvr fee or trying to get your 25.00 credit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts