Dish is asking me to send back 522 that was deactivated years ago!?

Enjoy the 625 while you can, dish is handing down more death sentences for owned MPEG2 every single day. dun dun dun ....dun dun dun..... dun done....

Yupe the damm dish donkey clowns (DDDCs~) in marketing are still actively promting those MPEG2 car blocks on their site! Not surprised at all. Not surprising at all.

Last edited:
If you think I am rude then you take it too personally,

I am in the WA, 110,118,119,129 + 61.5 for backup

You pay for DHPP but you refuse to pay a measly $15 bucks to get new dish to solve your missing HD problem????

Dish has started forced swapping MPEG2 owned for MPEG4 lease. They don't care if you bought the 625 yesterday it is toast and in exchange you get leased box worth nothing to you other then a $15 return fee when you are done with it.

I'm not taking it personally at all. Maybe it is just the way I read your words, who knows?

As far as my refusing to pay a measly 15 bucks it's not the 15 bucks it's the principle. I subscribe to the 250 package with HD and Platinum. Dish decides to add HD's to the service. They knowingly put them on a satellite that many subs do not see as they have the hybrid 110/119/61.5 set up. Also how many subs with the hybrid set up are even aware that they are missing channels??? I would have no idea if I was not on this forum! From reading this forum I understand that for those of us in the EA area they had no choice as 61.5 just doesn't have the capacity. Now a company that really cares about it's subs would have sent out a notice and offered to put up an EA dish at no charge as well as letting me know that I would also have to swap out my 322 for an MPEG4 receiver. On the same note when 61.5 went up Dish added programing to my package that I couldn't receive unless I had a second dish. They sent a tech out to put up the dish at no charge, and no contract extension.
The other reason I am not in a hurry to add the EA dish is rain fade. If all my programing comes from an easterly facing dish we won't be watching much during any rain storm. At least now we still have the SD's on 110/119 during all but the worst of storms.

Ross

Enjoy the 625 while you can, dish is handing down more death sentences for owned MPEG2 every single day. dun dun dun ....dun dun dun..... dun done....

Yupe the damm dish donkey clowns (DDDCs~) in marketing are still actively promting those MPEG2 car blocks on their site! Not surprised at all. Not surprising at all.

Yep! plus when and if it comes time to change them out it will cost Dishnetwork to change them out not me.Personally I believe you are confusing the replacement of the older receivers and DVRs that are not 8PSK able,with the total elimination of the MPEG2 receivers and the MPEG4 total changeover of the WA.My 625 is 8PSK

didn't the solo dvr 512 just come out this year?

seems like they wouldn't bother releasing a new model if mpeg2 was going to die any time soon... (in this case spending the time, money, and energy to convert the 522 into a 512)

Yes it is a so called new 2010 MPEG2 only model used for limited time only for SD / WA / DVR installs on lease victims, no one would actually want to buy that old all refurb junker for the same price as the 625, the development costs are nill, a 512 is just an old worn out returned for spare parts 522/625 frankensteined with the TV2 output shut down in the firmware (could even be broken you would never know). Dish resurrects the beast for another day whenever someone agrees to chain it up for 24 months! ARRRRRRRG Run for the hills.

The reasons for your rainfade concerns in the EA are valid, till now lots of old weak satellites with faulty transponders in what has become until recently the graveyard of dish network satellites, then combine that with 8PSK which even after FEC has a worse SNR than the QPSK transponders. WEAK

There is no confusion on my part, MPEG2 SD is starting to convert to MPEG4 SD, they have stated with 61.5 and 118 SD stuff, there will be no intermediate 8PSK step either, when it goes it is going MPEG4/8PSK, dish needs to get more conus spots emptied so they can put up more spot HD locals inside of 24 months, as usual they are way behind the numbers, just begging for MPEG2 owned accounts to cancel their services prior to, to make up for too much lost time on their part.

51690877272035376602.jpg

Now a company that really cares about it's subs would have sent out a notice and offered to put up an EA dish at no charge as well as letting me know that I would also have to swap out my 322 for an MPEG4 receiver.
Agree, and apparently some folks have indeed gotten such a notice. I didn't, but I was able to get a free EA dish upgrade w/o DHPP or $15 fee through the CEO address.

Also, my family hasn't noticed much of a difference on the rain fade problem. We had a hybrid setup like yours before. It was very rare when 61.5 was out and 110/119 was still usable. A properly peaked EA dish does pretty well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)