Dish is Charging instantly for PPV?

Koilvr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
In a house
I ordered PPV over the weekend, and on monday my credit card was charged monday morning for the amount of the movie $11.99 without tax. Since when has dish done this? Are they Hurting sooo BAD they now charge you instantly for PPV? I ordered PPV in may and did not get charged till my statment was due. I called and some kid from America answered and said this is strang and did not understand why I was charged Instntly. I have been with dish for 9 yrs and been Autopay with them for those 9 yrs. I am not trippin on tis just that I was not expecting it, if this happened to someone else they would mess your account up. WHats goning on with DISH?

If you order by Credit Card then they authorize and charge it right when you order it, I ordered a UFC and chose the credit card option and it was charged right away as well, and this was a few years ago so it's not something new.

I ordered by remote and it does not give you the option to pay by creditcard it just says order, And thats it. I have always done it this way and got charged when the bill was due. I did nothing differant then before.

Well, movie theatres and video stores charge you at the time of admission/rental. So does CinemaNow/Amazon/etc. Netflix charges you in advance.

And DISH charges for your regular service in advance as well.

So yeah, it's odd, but totally fair.

Rumor is that if you are auto-pay then the card you are using to pay for the account is charged at the time you order your the PPV

Rumor is that if you are auto-pay then the card you are using to pay for the account is charged at the time you order your the PPV

OK. Why would they do this. I am CCA, and they have always added it to the bill. I would like to have someone clear up this matter for us all. Then again, I suppose there is no difference if they add the PPV on the bill, then charge the card for the entire bill, or just charge the PPV as a separate charge on your credit card.

I just passed on the rumor. I don't know why they are doing it the way they are. But like you said, it really doesn't make a difference if they charge you when you make the purchase or when your bill is due...

It all comes down to dont order unless you have the money to pay,afterall when you go to video store you pay as you rent the movies.Personally I would rather be charged instantly than worry about a charge further up the road.However I order online or by remote and I have never been charged until the next bill,sometimes even the following bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)