Dish is discriminating against old customers!!

0U812

Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
Voom maybe or is dying and I called to check Dish for their free "digital home advantage package" and they said I would have to buy the two HD receivers since I was not a new customer. What total ripoff. I was with them until 2003 and never late for a bill for in the years before . Why does a new customer get the deal? They should give you the receivers if you are paying for HDTV service !!

0U812 said:
Voom maybe or is dying and I called to check Dish for their free "digital home advantage package" and they said I would have to buy the two HD receivers since I was not a new customer. What total ripoff. I was with them until 2003 and never late for a bill for in the years before . Why does a new customer get the deal? They should give you the receivers if you are paying for HDTV service !!

That si their general attitude most of the time. DirecTV on the other hand (sorry for the trolling) signed my buddy up after 3 months and he had a delinquent account!!!! D* will take care of you, especially on HD, they seem to be betting the farm on it, and if I do say so myself ... its a good wager.

No wife here to spend my money on Dish HDTV sub

Will call about leasing two and see what they say when VOOM shuts down :)

The buisness side of it was that they're just not willing to reinvest in a customer who hasn't been faithful.

You figure a superdish customer who gets a 522, 811, and a 301 gets about $1500 invested in them without a penny's worth of commitment. Even with AEP that's almost a year's worth of programming before they even post a profit on getting you signed up.

During the next earning's statement check out Dish's "Average New Subscriber Cost".

Both DISH and DirecTV have said that they will be doing a better job on customer retention in the future. So far it is just lip service on DISH's part. They need to start doing something for all the VOOM customers that are also current DISH customers if they really expect to be able to keep them from going to DirecTV or cable.