Dish is high at 83w and low at 125w

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rogerduncan100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto
so have to climb the bloody ladder to tilt it down to get Tuff TV and then climb the bloody ladder again to tilt it up to get PBS feeds. My latitude is 79.3w.

The pole is vertical. I checked many times.

Today I played around with the tilt of the motor moving it from its correct lattitude setting of 43.7n but it just made things worse. I was trying to flatten out the arc by tilting the motor to a higher latitude. My thinking is that at the north pole the arc is almost totally flat but that's wrong now that I think aabout it. The arc is totally flat at the equator and straight up, too.

Has anybody else had this problem? How did you solve it?

Roger Duncan

Sounds as if it is not pointed at true south when your motor is at its zero position. Needs to be nudged west a little bit.

with the motor you have set it to 44 latitude and dont touch it....make sure you use the right side on the motor...one side says latitude and one says elevation

Make sure you're on 0 on the motor when you aimed at the true south which for you is 79W. You can make adjustments on the dish elevation but dont touch the motor latitude.

I have great control over the motor with USALS.

I need to put the motor angle back to 43.7 degrees and try turning the mount slightly west.

I will report back after I try it.

Thanks, guys.

assuming your post is 100% vertical your problem is one of the following or possibly both....

- assuming your motor is aimed correctly south, this would mean your motors elevation is set slightly too high....

- assuming your motors elevation is correct, this would mean your motor is not aimed correctly (south)....

if USALS is working 100% properly then that would indicate your motor is aimed properly south....

the latitude scale on the motor is normally correct, but i have done a few installs where i had to raise or lower the motor 0.5 - 1.0 degrees to get the entire arc perfectly....

after your motor is mounted you can put a level accross the motors bracket to make sure the post did not move....make sure its still level....

No wonder. The motor has been nowhere near level all these weeks! That's because I torqued the nuts too enthusiastically causing the bracket to distort. Errors of a newbie, I guess.

Well now she's up and running, gentlemen! All the way from Tuff TV to PBS.

Thanks once more for the great ideas, help and advice!

Roger Duncan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)