Dish (is not) cutting retailers installation payments again.

The retailer I sub for said Dish has cut their payments again to retailers and he has to pass the loss on to me. I now make 1/2 the money on installs then I was making 9 years ago. Time for me to move on as I no longer can afford to work installing Dish. I loved this job but the time has come to say good-bye to installing Dish/Direct and Dishnet. Going to miss all my customers and the enjoyment of working in this field. Time for a 9 to 5 indoor job.

So, it seems your lied to you. What are you going to do about it?

"So it seems your lied to." Don't you mean *you're*, a contraction of *you* and *are*.

Quite surprising, with the signature at the bottom of your (correct usage) post, professor. ;)

As an internal tech we haven't had any problems with pay cuts. I would ask if it was from lack of performance or sales, but retailers are not subject to QAS.

How about you say the retailers name so maybe some of us can give him a call and tell him what we think.:D

"So it seems your lied to." Don't you mean *you're*, a contraction of *you* and *are*.

Quite surprising, with the signature at the bottom of your (correct usage) post, professor. ;)

actually, I accidently left off the word boss so no I would not have meant *you're*. Even if I did, the sentence "so it seems you're lied to" would be present tense and not past tense. Since the supposed lying had already happened the correct sentence in your scenario would have been, "so it seems you've being lied to." Since I cleared was using the past tense...nice try junior high student! ;)

One only needs to read this forum and over time will have enough knowledge for a English degree.....

Oh how these threads get side stepped from the topic....

The retailer I sub for said Dish has cut their payments again to retailers and he has to pass the loss on to me. I now make 1/2 the money on installs then I was making 9 years ago. Time for me to move on as I no longer can afford to work installing Dish. I loved this job but the time has come to say good-bye to installing Dish/Direct and Dishnet. Going to miss all my customers and the enjoyment of working in this field. Time for a 9 to 5 indoor job.

Was just watching Made in America with Larry the Cable Guy. The oil industry is hiring hand over fist.

Even if I did, the sentence "so it seems you're lied to" would be present tense and not past tense.

...nice try junior high student!
It may seem like it to you but it is not. The word "you're" is a contraction for "you were" and "were" is for that past tense. This is something taught and learned in elementary school, by the way.

It may seem like it to you but it is not. The word "you're" is a contraction for "you were" and "were" is for that past tense. This is something taught and learned in elementary school, by the way.

maybe in Ohio 'you're' is a contraction for you were, but in the rest of America it is definitely a contraction for you are... :)

http://grammar.about.com/od/words/a/EnglishContractions.htm

Now back to our previously recorded program... :D

actually, I accidently left off the word boss so no I would not have meant *you're*. Even if I did, the sentence "so it seems you're lied to" would be present tense and not past tense. Since the supposed lying had already happened the correct sentence in your scenario would have been, "so it seems you've being lied to." Since I cleared was using the past tense...nice try junior high student! ;)

Bottom line is that you did not proof read your entry. When you start telling other people how to write and speak, you open yourself up to criticism. People who throw stones, ...

Lol. You're = you were? First time i ever heard that. That just sounds weird when I try to form sentences in my head using you're in place of you were.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I had my service installed about three months ago, and the contractor did a pretty good install. About a week later, two Dish supervisors came to my house to completely inspect and critique the install. They spent about 30 minutes going over everything. Dish seems to really keep on top of the installers now, so they probably get rid of some installers in the process, or at least ding them for this, that , or the other thing.

Biggest delay was the Hopper was defective and he took about a half hour to go back to his house to get another one. You would think he would have a spare on his truck. The guys work very hard and don't deserve a pay cut by any means.
Dish is putting a squeeze on all field personnel. The company is looking for way to slash labor costs. The best way to do that is to micromanage all experienced techs that draw the highest pay.
The best techs are being forced out. Even good performing techs are under the gun. These so called "inspections" are designed to trip up people. Dish has a policy of using capricious changes in the rules, constant threats of write ups over the silliest details.
It used to be a fun job. I did it for 12 years. I left nearly 5 years ago because I saw the handwriting on the wall. We had just gotten a pay cut. We were told we could no longer charge for custom work. We were to do free rebuilds of jobs not up to specs. Even if the only thing needed on a service call was to swap out a failed remote control.
Then they instituted a policy where even contractor techs were to remain 'on duty' in the event new jobs were dispatched to us. Ordinarily, once we were through with our route for the day, Dish demanded that we be "available" for work until 6 or 7 pm. The problem with that is the time was uncompensated. A direct violation state and federal wage and hour laws. ...I said screw that and got out of the business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts