Dish is screwing me on my referrals!

bigthrust

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
I have referred 2 friends. One is having trouble getting a good tech to properly install his dish, the other had his dish installed by the 2nd tech that visted his house. Now, 60 days later I check the referral status online by going to my account and then Club Dish and see that the card is still active. So I call and talk to a Dish CSR and she tells me that the card was never used. WTF? :eek: I stood there as my friend placed the order and confirmed with the CSR that they have accepted the Club Dish card. My friend even confirmed with the CSR that I was going to get my referral. He said that the CSR even knew my name because of the card number. Are there other people that are getting screwed like me with referrals? I bring Dish more business and they treat me like this? What a crock of #*@(*#! The one other friend is still trying to find a tech that will install the Dish properly. He said the last guy didn't even try to level the Dish for degree so when he couldn't get a signal inside, he just gave up. Dish must have the worst management that ever existed. :smug

I have exactly the same problem with the only referral I gave so far...
I was there when my friend ordered.
He called again last week to have them verify the referral number - and it looks ok from his end - but my account still says 'active' for that card....
Please let me know what you find out.

bigthrust said:
I have referred 2 friends. One is having trouble getting a good tech to properly install his dish, the other had his dish installed by the 2nd tech that visted his house. Now, 60 days later I check the referral status online by going to my account and then Club Dish and see that the card is still active. So I call and talk to a Dish CSR and she tells me that the card was never used. WTF? :eek: I stood there as my friend placed the order and confirmed with the CSR that they have accepted the Club Dish card. My friend even confirmed with the CSR that I was going to get my referral. He said that the CSR even knew my name because of the card number. Are there other people that are getting screwed like me with referrals? I bring Dish more business and they treat me like this? What a crock of #*@(*#! The one other friend is still trying to find a tech that will install the Dish properly. He said the last guy didn't even try to level the Dish for degree so when he couldn't get a signal inside, he just gave up. Dish must have the worst management that ever existed. :smug

If the card is *correctly* used, the status will instantly change from "Active" to "Reward." You should always check after a card has been "used" because if it still shows "Active," the card was not correctly entered.

I had a brief problem with a referral that did not post correctly. It was supposed to post on January 18th but did not start until this week. The "Action Date" is correct, though.

I had 3 family members that I referred but I had no Club Dish cards. When they were installed, my family told the installer that I was referring them. After a few months of no credits, I called E* and explained the situation to the CSR giving her their names, where they lived, and about when the installations were. She checked the information I gave her and credited me right then. I have been receiving the credits each month.

Hope it works out for you too.

Get used to it DISH has been doing this to their retailers on a regular basis. It is the way they increase their profits, free referrals with no payments adds up with 10 million customers. Even just delaying the payments start adds up for them.

Problems?

bigthrust said:
I have referred 2 friends. One is having trouble getting a good tech to properly install his dish, the other had his dish installed by the 2nd tech that visted his house.
I referred a friend of mine, he called E* and they said that when the installer comes to do the install, HE/SHE is to do the calling to the higherups to confirm the installation and the referral. That makes it to the level where it shows on your account info.
Mine is active.
Lyle :yes

Just asking

Doesn't the person that uses the card have to have been active and current on their bill for 30 days before (as well as you) the credits begin taking effect??? I've done six cards so far and haven't had a problem what so ever on any of them.

They never applied my second club dish referral to my account. I referred my mom and that one got credited to me. Then when my father-in-law went with Dish, that never showed up on my account.

bigthrust said:

I am lucky I guess my friend was just installed at 9:00PM last nite and my dish club does show REWARD.

trido

I have never had a problem with anyone getting their credits that has used a ClubDish card with me when I gave the CSR the card's certificate number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)