Dish issues

knsclean

Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Hi Everyone, I'm new and I apologize for that. I have a dish network satellite problem. Hoping someone can help me. This problem is most prevalent when I'm watching movies. The backrounds move like liquid. similar to a 60's LSD movie lava lamp type of movement. I see it on walls and landscape scenes. Had them out 4 times to fix problem. They changed the box, the dish, etc. Told me it was because the TV stretches the image. I have a 50" Panasonic Plasma. 4 months old.
Any clues???? Help. Thanks If the is the wrong forum for asking this question, again I apologize. Directions to the correct forum would be appreciated

KNS, welcome to satguys, but did you even look for the proper forum? I'm sure this will be moved shortly, but it seems you just posted in the first thread you saw (the folding@home thread)

Anyways, you need to elaborate more for me, why do you think it is a dish problem and not the TV? Does it ONLY happen when watching dish channels?

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us!

What you are seeing is digital compression.
In order to fit more channels, a.k.a. saving bandwidth, certain kinds of digital compression is employed. One of those digital compression techniques is motion compensation. Large, unchanging backgrounds and even a person's hair is encoded as a still image that is moved around the screen instead of animated.

This is most noticeable when you watch sporting events that have large crowd shots, like auto racing and football.

Welcome to the new digital world!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts